Chapter 45

The bright light shines through the thick curtains, hitting my face and waking me up. My eyes open slowly and I stretch out my limbs, letting out a soft moan. I feel the spot next to me, expecting to feel Harry's warm body but instead, I can only feel the bedsheets.

My eyebrows come down in a frown and I sit up, wondering where Harry may be, when the door to our bedroom opens and he walks in, carrying a tray with food.

I smile as soon as I see him, earning a precious boyish smile from him. "Good morning, Sweetheart." Harry sets the tray on the bed, carefully leaning in to kiss my forehead. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," I reply. The scent of freshly cooked scrambled eggs and bacon fills my nostrils and I immediately feel nauseous. I throw the covers to the side and rush to the bathroom, kneeling in front of the toilet and spilling the contents of my stomach into it. Harry runs in and grabs my hair, keeping it away from my face.

I gag and vomit some more, feeling mortified. I don't want Harry to see me like this, it's disgusting. "Scarlet, are you okay, love?" He asks with concern. Unable to answer, I hold up my index finger, indicating that I'll answer in a minute.

After dry heaving for a while, I wipe my mouth with some toilet paper and flush. I lean against the wall and meet Harry's eyes. My cheeks redden and I cover my face. "Are you feeling ill, darling?" Harry questions.

"I just got nauseous," I say. My voice sounds hoarse due to the acid burning my throat as I threw up.

"Scarlet... are you pregnant?" I meet his eyes and I can't decipher the emotion behind those green irises.

My heart skips a beat and I try to remember when my period is supposed to come and if I got it the past month, but I can't remember anything. My mind has gone blank. I should really start using one of those apps that track your period. "N-no... I don't know... I-I don't think so," I shake my head.

"Do you have any pregnancy tests?" he asks.

"No," I sigh. "But I don't think I'm pregnant. I can't be. I'm sure it's probably the stomach flu or something." We stay in silence for a couple of minutes and I ask him to leave the bathroom so I can shower and brush my teeth.

"Do you want me to go get you something?" I shake my head and thank him. He exits the bathroom, closing the door behind as he goes.

I stand up and look at myself in the mirror. My cheeks are flushed and tiny beads of sweat have appeared on my forehead. With a sigh, I quickly brush my teeth and get in the shower. As I wash my hair and body, many thoughts keep rushing through my mind. My muscles tense and the hot water does not help in relaxing them.

Although I really don't think I'm pregnant, there's still a possibility that I could be. If I am pregnant, should I feel happy or worried? Harry and I have agreed on waiting at least one more year before planning on having a baby since the first year of our marriage was mostly spent fighting and hating each other. We're barely starting to enjoy our life together and I don't know how a child would affect it. I see my sister and Marcus with Lauren and they couldn't look happier, but at the same time, Monique wasn't forced to marry someone she didn't know at all.

"God," I say, turning the water off and squeezing the excess of water from my hair before stepping out of the shower. I grab a fluffy white towel from the cabinet and dry myself off before wrapping it around my body. I pick up my dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper before stepping out of the bathroom.

I slide on my underwear and bra, then I quickly change into dark jeans and a black sweater. The doubt of being pregnant keeps eating away at my mind. Once I have my hair brushed and my shoes on, I grab my phone and walk out of the bedroom. I make my way downstairs and look for Harry, finding him in his office doing some paperwork. "Everything okay, Sweetheart? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," I say with a small smile. "Um, I'm going to buy a pregnancy test. I'll be right back."

"I'll come with you," he rises from his chair but I shake my head, stopping him.

"No, it's okay. I'll be quick. You keep working." I walk over to him and peck his lips. "I'll be back in a bit." With that, I exit the office and make my way to my car.

With a deep breath, I turn on the ignition and the vehicle comes to life. I adjust the rearview mirror and drive off.

Soon enough I arrive at the store, shocked that I'm still alive since I did not pay attention to the road at all. Someone take my license away.

I walk fast into the store and go straight to the pharmacy area. My eyes scan the aisle, searching for the pregnancy tests. There's so many! Which one am I supposed to pick?

Jesus, Scarlet, they all do the same thing, just pick one already! And stop having conversations in your head.

Huffing, I grab a blue and pink box and head to the register, pulling out my wallet and handing the money to the cashier as soon as she tells me the total. "Would you like this in a bag?"

"No, thank you," I say. She hands me my change and the test. I thank her and throw the change and test in my purse, then head to the restrooms. I step into a stall and read the instructions on the box, following each step.

Once I'm done with that, I throw the pregnancy stick back inside my purse, flush the toilet and wash my hands. I splash cold water on my face and pat it dry with a paper towel. With one last look in the mirror, I exit the restrooms and make my way to my car.

I pull out my phone and type a quick text to Harry, letting him know I'll be home soon.

Suddenly, my mouth and nose are covered by a cloth. An arm is tightly secured around me, constraining my movement. I drop my phone and purse in surprise and fear. I try to free my arms but I can't, my eyes scan the car park hoping to see someone that can help me. My panicked screams are muffled by the cloth. My chest rises and falls and I start feeling dizzy and weak.

I feel my body being dragged by the stranger before I lose consciousness.

____________________________________
A/N: Hola my peasants!

Here's chapter 45! I know it's a short chapter and it sucks, but I still hope you enjoyed it. Thank you guys for reading ❤️❤️❤️

Also, #2 on boxerharry!!!! WHAT!!? I'M SERIOUSLY CRYING RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH 😭😭😭

Stay gorgeous 💕

~Amy 🌺