Chapter 33

"Do you really have to go?" I pout, hugging Harry

"I do, Sweetheart. My trainer is pretty angry at me for not going to the gym for a whole month." He kisses the top of my head.

"I don't want to be alone," I say quietly.

"You can come with me if you want to, baby," he smiles down at me. I nod, enthusiastically. "Let's go, then."

When we arrive at the gym Harry helps me out of the car. I pull the sleeves of my hoodie down to hide my bandaged wrists. Harry notices and he takes my hands, bringing them up to his lips and gently kissing my wrists. This simple gesture is enough to make tears form in my eyes, so I bite my cheek to keep the tears from falling.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. He shakes his head, cupping my face.

"Don't apologize, Sweetheart. You're alive and that is all I care about, okay?" I nod and smile at him. He laces our fingers together and we walk inside.

"Look who finally decided to show up," a man steps out of the ring and comes over to us. "The one and only Harry Styles."

"Oh, shut up, Jake." Harry rolls his eyes and guides me to a bench that gave me a view of the whole gym. "You can sit here, baby. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know," he kisses my lips.

"Why did you disappear for so long, Styles?" Jake asks.

"None of your damn business, Jake," he pinches the bridge of his nose, exhaling. "Can we just start training?"

"Start on your cardio, Styles." Harry goes over to one of the treadmills and begins at a slow pace before increasing to a steady run.

I turn my attention to my phone and text my friend Lauren, whom I had not spoken to in a long time. She asked me how things were going and I told her about Harry, my mother, and my niece.

Lauren: Your sister is pretty smart for naming the baby Lauren. It's obviously the best name in the world!

Me: I beg to differ...

Lauren: Yeah, okay, bitch. Tell Monique I said congrats and tell Harry he's hot.

I laugh at the last part of the message and shake my head. I see Harry by the punching bag and see Jake on the other side holding it. Harry punches the bag and Jake stumbles back. "Good one, Styles." He says.

"I know," I hear Harry say. Jake rolls his eyes and holds the bag harder. Harry keeps punching until his trainer says it's enough. They move to the ring and Harry looks my way. I smile and wave and he responds with a wink and that smirk of his.

I find it incredible how Harry's entire demeanor changes as soon as he steps on the ring. His eyes darken, his body tenses, and a dark expression falls on his face every time. Kind of like when he's angry. Jake grips onto some pads and holds them up for Harry to hit. Harry throws the first punch, I notice how he pushes his lips out a bit as he hits. After only a few minutes, Jake helps Harry take off his gloves. I furrow my brows, there's no way he's done training. Once the gloves are off, Harry peels off the grey sweatshirt he was wearing and throws it over one of the ropes on the ring. His now naked torso glistening with sweat. Jake puts back on the gloves on Harry's large hands and he starts punching the pads again. I focus on the way his muscles become more prominent with every punch. Sweat covers his body, strands of hair sticking to his forehead. I stare, mesmerized at how beautiful he looks even with sweat covering him. The look in his eyes never fails to hypnotize me.