Chapter 16

I open my eyes slowly. Unlike many other times, light does not pour through the window. Thick, long curtains block the sunshine and I could not be happier about that. I roll over and check my phone. No texts or missed calls. I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or worried about that.

I get out of bed and slip on my silk robe and walk out of my room. I wonder if Harry is up yet. I knock on his door but there's no answer. He's probably still asleep. I turn the door knob and open the door a little bit. His bed is empty and already made. What? Where is he? I frown and close his door. Maybe he is in the dining room already.

But when I get to the dining room, I only see the young maid from yesterday setting one plate on the table. "Good morning, Mrs. Styles. Your breakfast is ready." She says quietly, and walks out of the room. I sit on the same chair as yesterday and start eating my breakfast. I am starving. I check my Tumblr and Twitter. Nothing new. Same thing as always. Drama.

Maura walks into the dinner room and asks if I need anything. "I'm good, Maura. Thank you." She nods once and is about to walk away but I stop her. "Maura, do you know where Harry is? He's not in his room and his bed is made."

"Mr. Styles left quite early this morning to the gym, ma'am. He said he will get back late."

"How late? Will he be here for dinner?" I ask.

"No, ma'am. He said he would get home at around ten at night."

"Is he ever home?"

"It is very rare for Mr. Styles to spend much time here. But I believe that is going to change since you are here. He cannot leave his wife all by herself." She smiles at me and I smile back.

I decide to send him a short good morning text. I hope he can get here at dinner time. I would actually like to have dinner with him like a normal married couple. Why does he make it so difficult? I try to make this work. I try to understand him but he just keeps pushing me away. I hate this.

A maid picks up my plate when I finish my breakfast. I learnt her name is Alice and she is the mother of Claire, the young maid, and that Maura is her mother. I find it a little strange that they all work here, especially Claire. I walk to my bedroom to brush my teeth and take a shower.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to stay all day in this house. Harry has not texted me back or called. He must be training very hard. Although, I don't see the big deal of his "strict" training. He can win without it, cant he? From what I've see, he could win with his eyes closed. But then again, what do I know. I hate boxing and really don't care about it.

I decide to call my sister and see if she wants to get lunch. She is still at mum's house since Marcus is not back from his business trip yet.

I check the weather on my phone to see what the appropriate outfit is. It will be a little chilly, so I opt for a striped tank top, a tan coloured leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and black booties. My hair is up in a ballerina bun, and my make-up is light.

I check my phone again. Nothing from Harry.

I sigh. Why am I even worrying so much? He knows what he's doing and I'm sure he is fine. He probably doesn't even remember he's married.

Shaking my head, I walk out of the house and to my car. Scarlet, don't think about him. Just enjoy the lunch with your sister.

With that, I speed out of the gates, and to the restaurant Moni suggested.

***********

"Muffin!" Moni squeals when I reach the table.

"Hey, Moni." I smile and give her a tight hug. I have missed her so much.