Chapter 47

Harry

It has been two days since Scarlet disappeared. I've been an absolute mess. I haven't been eating much, I've been drinking alcohol more often than what is normal for me, and I've been spending the long hours locked up in my bedroom with my phone in my hand in case the detective has any news for me. My mother and sister have stayed with me, which I appreciate.

Today, the detective working on the case came over to deliver some news. He said that after looking through hours of footage in the security tapes, they finally came across the exact moment my wife was taken. He brought a copy with him and played it for us. In the video, you can clearly see Scarlet walking towards her car, then suddenly someone in a dark hoodie comes up behind her and tightly wraps his arms around her. You can see when she drops her purse and struggles to get out of the hold, but then her movements cease and the person drags her limp body away.

Seeing the moment my Scarlet was take away, makes my body tense up and my hands curl up in fists. I'm not only heartbroken and worried about my wife and what she must be going through, I'm also furious at myself and the bastard who took her. Though I'm not sure if I'm more angry at myself or that lowlife.

We were told that they are working hard to identify the person who took her by estimating their height through the video and some other factors I already forgot.

I lay in bed and think about everything that has happened. From my wife getting kidnapped, to seeing the video and everything we've been told.

All of a sudden, I remember something that I know will help us find Scarlet. That night... of course! How come I didn't think about that before!

I grab my phone a dial a number, pressing it to my ear and wait for the other person to pick up. "Hello, Mr. Styles. How may I help you?"

"Detective Lloyd, I think I know who took Scarlet."

***

Scarlet

I open my eyes and groan. My neck feels stiff and it hurts. My eyes try to adjust as I look around the dimly lit room. It appears to be a garage, it's cold and dirty. I have no idea what time or day it is. I try to lift my hand to rub my neck and discover that both of my hands are restrained by metal handcuffs. My whole body aches, I have no idea how long I've been sitting on this chair. I vaguely recall the shadow of a man walking in a couple of times and covering my mouth and nose with a cloth until I lost consciousness once again.

I hear the door creak open and my eyes try to focus on the person walking in. A man slowly approaches me, he's wearing dark jeans, boots, and a black hoodie. He has the hood up and I try to catch a glimpse of his face but he's looking down and the dim light casts a shadow on his features.

My breathing accelerates and my heart races. The man stands behind me and places his cold hands on my shoulders. I start to shake, fear coursing through my veins.

I feel his hot breath on my ear as he leans close to me. "You're awake," he chuckles. I gasp, my body going cold. I know this voice.

No, it can't be.

"Nathan," I say in a mere whisper. He walks around to stand in front of me and pulls down his hood, the dim light tickles his hard features. He's changed since the last time I saw him, his features don't hold that kindness they used to.

"Hey, best friend," he says. He places his fingertip on the tip of my nose and slides it down slowly, past my lips and once he gets to my neck, he harshly wraps his hand around it, making me whimper in shock.

His fingers tighten around my neck, constricting my airflow. I squeeze my eyes shut and gasp for air. I feel tears forming in my eyes as I struggle to fill my lungs with oxygen. "Nathan, please," I whisper, meeting his dark eyes. "I can't... breathe."

"Hmm... only because you said 'please', dear." He releases my neck and I take a deep breath, coughing and wincing at the pain in my throat. He begins pacing around the garage, my eyes follow his every move.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice breaks. I hold back the tears that threaten to escape my eyes, the last thing I want is to cry in front of him. I'm already in a vulnerable state, for him to see me cry would be like the cherry on top of the cake, and I cannot allow that to happen.

Nathan stands in front of me, his stance is one of dominance. His chest is puffed up, arms crossed. He looks down at me with hard eyes and a secret, evil smile playing on his lips. He leans down, his face inches from mine. I gasp when his nose traces along my jawline and he inhales deeply, sending chills down my spine.

"Oh, Scarlet," he kisses my jawline and I flinch. "I finally have you all to myself. You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment. It took a while to plan it all but you're finally with me! We can be happy together, at last," he laughs, cupping my face in his hands.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused by his words.

"You're mine now, Scarlet. You know I've always loved you. And when you married Styles..." he shakes his head. "God, it drove me completely mad! But he doesn't treat you right, love. He doesn't love you like I do. And I know he will never make you feel the way I will. He can't please you like I can, baby."

I meet his eyes and shake my head, his words registering in my brain. "Nathan..." I take a deep breath and continue. "I don't love you. I've told you before that I love Harry. I never saw you as anything more than just a friend. Harry has changed, he treats me like a princess and I love him with all my heart. I'm never going to be yours. Never." My shaky voice is just above a whisper.

One of his hands tangles in my hair and he pulls harshly, making me wince in pain. His other hand grabs my jaw, pressing his fingers into my skin. "You fucking bitch!" he bellows. "You really don't know what you're saying, Scarlet." A crazed look crosses his eyes and I tremble with fear. "Harry's never going to see you again. That I can promise you."

"Let me go, Nathan. Please, let me out of here," I beg him. "If you let me go I promise to not tell the police anything. I promise, just please." He shakes his head vigorously and begins pacing around the dimly lit room once more, running his fingers through his hair and letting out frustrated sighs.

I sit still. Looking at him, carefully, and with fear. I never thought I would be so afraid of him. I try to move my hands, but they are restrained by the metal handcuffs. My wrists hurt. The metal bites into my skin, bruising it.

"Please, let me go!" I scream. He turns his head towards me. Eyes filled with malice. The eyes of a predator. His face is hostile. He raises his hand and slaps me across the face.

"Shut up!" He shouts. My head hangs low. My hair falling forward, as a curtain. Tears rush down my face. I sob. He fists my hair and lifts my head, so I'm facing him. "I don't want you to speak a word." He lets go of my hair and picks up a roll of duct tape. He rips a piece with his teeth and tapes my mouth so I am unable to speak.

"This marriage was a stupid mistake. I fell in love with you, but you decided to love him. So guess what, sweetheart? If I can't have you, no one can." He whispers in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

I watch him lift the hem of his hoodie and pull out a gun from the waistband of his jeans. My eyes widen and I try to scream, but the sound is muffled by the tape on my mouth. More tears run down my face and I feel desperate. I want to get off this chair and run for my life, but I can't. My cries cannot be heard.

"Goodbye, Scarlet," he says. He points the firearm at me and I close my eyes, sobbing. My heart is beating a hundred miles per hour and I start feeling woozy.

Seconds later, I hear a gunshot.

____________________________________
A/N: Hola, my peasants!

Here's chapter 47! I hope you enjoyed it, though I know it sucks. I had so much trouble writing this chapter, shoot me please.

Anyway, thank you for reading, my babies. Remember you're all amazing and beautiful ❤️

I love you all 💕

Kissy, peasants 😘

~Amy 🌺