Chapter 78

I feel the air leave my lungs as the word slips out of the kid's mouth, cheerfully. I swallow hard, feeling nauseous, and look away.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Ben lifts his arms, excitedly, wanting Harry to pick him up, but he keeps his hands by his side, balling up his fists

"Daddy! Daddy!" Ben lifts his arms, excitedly, wanting Harry to pick him up, but he keeps his hands by his side, balling up his fists. His chest rises and falls heavily and the forest in his eyes burns in a wildfire. His jawline twitches and I can see how tense his muscles are.

Harry gently pulls the kid away from him. "Go with your mum," he says curtly. Ben nods and happily runs back to his mother, who bends down and picks him up, kissing his cheek.

"Shall we sit and get some food?" Charlotte asks, smiling and walking around us to take a seat at the table Ray reserved. She sits Ben next to her and hands him her phone so he can watch cartoons and stay entertained.

I feel vile rising in my throat and I swallow hard once more. Don't show weakness, Scarlet. Be strong.

"We've met, that's what you wanted. Someone will pick you up tomorrow at 10 to take you to the laboratory," Harry says through his teeth.

Charlotte looks through the menu for a minute, before raising her eyes and offering a cynical smile. "Harry, let's just sit and talk for a little bit, okay?"

Harry runs his hands through his hair and I can tell he's about to lose his temper. I'm surprised he's even kept his cool this long. I place my hand on his bicep and feel him relax just a tiny bit under my touch. "Let's just sit for a couple of minutes," I say, softly.

"Fuck," he growls but gives in. He pulls my chair out and once I sit, he sits next to me. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Harry!" I exclaim, nodding towards the kid, silently telling him he shouldn't curse in front of him, but he shoots me a look that says he does not give one single fuck.

"Did you miss me?" Charlotte asks, resting her arms on the table and leaning forward. "I missed you, you know? I'd say we had quite an unforgettable night." She pulls out some earphones from her purse and connects them to her phone, then placing them inside Ben's ears gently.

"I don't even fucking remember you." An emotion flashes in Charlotte's eyes but disappears before I can decipher it.

"You don't remember the night we spent together in Vegas? After your match against Gibson, you went to a club where we met and had a few drinks before going back to your hotel and-"

"I asked what the fuck do you want?" Harry interrupts her. "Why the fuck are you saying he's my kid when he's not?"

I want to get out of here. I want to get up and run and throw up.

"I just wanted Ben to meet his dad. Whether you want to accept it or not, Ben is your kid." She says it with so much conviction and it only makes me even more confused.

Harry clenches his jaw and looks briefly in Ben's direction. "We'll see about that. As I said, you'll be picked up tomorrow at 10 and we'll see you at the laboratory."