Chapter 9

"Scarlet, let me see you! Come out!" Monique calls. I take a deep breath before stepping out of the fitting room. I hear their intake of breath, and their hands cover their mouths.

"Oh, god." Anne whispers.

"Oh my god, sweetheart, you look beautiful," my mum says, her eyes watery.

I turn to look at my reflection in the three mirrors. The blue eyed girl in a white wedding dress looks back at me. I should feel excited about finding the dress I will be wearing for my "special day" but I feel sadness take over me. Tears pool in my eyes.

"Oh, dear. Are you excited?" My mother asks.

"Yes, I am. I cannot wait," I fake a smile.

"One more week and you will become Mrs. Styles," my sister smiles.

One more week and my freedom is over. I still can't believe this is happening. Everything is ready. The invitations have been sent, the decorations have been chosen, and apparently I've found the perfect dress.

"Scarlet?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Anne's voice. They are all looking at me as of expecting an answer from me.

"What?" I ask confused. I zoned out and have no idea what they have been talking about.

"Nothing, dear. Your mind is clearly somewhere else. More champagne?" I nod, and Anne pours more of the crisp liquid into my glass.

"Thanks," I say. I just want to go home already. I can't look at myself in the mirror anymore. Not whilst I'm still wearing this wedding dress.

"Honey, you have to try on the last dress. It's nothing compared to that one you're wearing right now, but just in case you want to change your mind." My mother says, pointing to a mermaid cut dress.

"Actually, mother, I am not feeling very well and I would like to go home and rest," I say, finishing up my champagne.

"Oh, okay. But is that the dress you want?"

"Yes, I will take this one." I make my way back into the dressing room to change out of the beautiful gown.

...
I flop down onto my bed as soon as I enter my bedroom. In the quiet space of my bedroom, my mind starts wandering to Harry. Lately, he's been acting distant... Well, more than usual. And he snaps at everything. It worries me that once we're married his attitude will get worse, and he'll try to make my life harder than it already is.

I decide to take a bath because I need to relax. My muscles sigh with pleasure as they are enveloped in the warm water and the delicious scent of peaches. I want to stay in here forever, I want time to stop. I close my eyes and concentrate on the classical music softly playing in the background.

"Scarlet?" A male voice says right next to me.

My eyes shoot open and I see Harry sitting close to the bathtub. "Oh my god!" I scream. "What the hell are you doing here!?"

"Well," he starts, reaching out to touch the foam. I slap his hand away. "My mum called. She said you weren't feeling good and told me to come and keep you company."

"I'm fine, you can go now."

"I brought ice cream."

"And? I want to be alone. Please leave." I say.

"Bad news for you, I am not going anywhere. Your mother said I should stay for dinner. And I will," he smirks.

"Well, love, dinner is not served in the bathtub, so..." I gesture to the exit.

"Damn, why are you being such a bitch today?"

"Me? Okay, you have been acting like an arse this whole week!" I exclaim.

"That's not true!"

"Yes, it is! You snap at every little thing, and when you see me you're always angry," I tell him.

"Sweetheart, that's how I am, and you better get used to it because the wedding is in one more week."

"I know. There's no need to remind me." I rub my shoulders.

"Would you like a massage?" He offers, sitting on the corner of the bathtub.

"From you? No thanks." I sake my head.

"Oh, come on," he places his hands on my shoulders, and starts massaging them. Oh, dammit, it feels so good.

"God," I sigh.

"Does it feel good?" He asks in a low voice, giving me shivers.

"Mhmm," I moan.

"Your muscles are really tense, sweetheart. You should not be worrying or sressing much." As if that was possible.

"Planning a wedding is not an easy thing to do, Harry." I say, lowly. "Especially if you have to listen to my mother giving orders and complaining about everything."

"That sounds like hell on earth," he chuckles.

"It is," I laugh lightly. A few minutes of silence pass, and he continues massaging now relaxed shoulders.

"You have beautiful skin, Scarlet. Very soft." He caresses my shoulders, and the skin only back that is not under water, before placing a kiss on the spot where my neck and shoulder meet. "I want to run my hands up and down your body. I want to kiss, taste every inch of your skin. I want to-"

"Ms. Bennet?" A soft knock followed by the voice of one of our maids interrupts Harry.

"Yes?" I manage to say.

"Ms. Bennet, dinner will be served in five minutes." She announces.

"O-okay. Thank you."

"I guess we should go," Harry grazes my earlobe with his teeth.

"I guess so," I huff. Oh, this man is going to kill me.

___________________________________
A/N: Guys, I'm so sorry for never updating 😭 I had been really busy with school and graduation and writing was the last thing on my mind. I will try to update more frequently now that I'm out of school.

I love you all so much, please forgive me for this shitty chapter.

~Amy 🐸☕️