Chapter 43

I poke my head inside Harry's office and see him sitting behind the large mahogany desk. He flips through some papers and types away in the computer. I knock gently on the door and he looks my way. "Hey," I smile at him, walking inside and sitting on the black chair across from my husband.

"Hey, Sweetheart," he grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles. "Everything okay?"

"Yes," I nod. "Um... are you busy? Do you have a lot of work to do?"

Harry runs his hand through his short curls and nods, pursing his pink lips. "Kind of, I'm just making sure everything is running smoothly in with the businesses and checking that the numbers are all correct. Why?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to see a movie with me, down in the theatre. We never use it and I thought it would be nice."

"Right now?" I nod again, biting my lower lip. "I'd love to. Let's go, baby." He gracefully stands and we make our way down to the theatre. I had made popcorn and brought drinks down. "You made sure everything was ready."

"Of course. I wasn't sure if you would say yes to the movie, but I still did all this." He chuckles.

"I could never say no to you, Sweetheart. What are we watching?"

"The Notebook. I know it came out a while ago but I haven't seen it at all and I really want to." I pop the movie into the DVD player and sit next to the beautiful curly haired boy that has stolen my heart.

He wraps his tattooed arm around my shoulders and kisses my temple. "It's a great movie. One of my favourites, I must admit."

The movie starts and I am a little confused by the way it begins with a man rowing, but a couple of minutes later I'm fully wrapped up in the plot. Throughout the movie, I notice Harry mouthing the words Noah says. I smile to myself at this small thing he does. With a movie like this one, it is a little shocking to find out that it's one of his favourites to the point where he knows the words and mouths them. However, by the end of the movie, I realize why he loves it. We're both a sniffling and crying mess.

"I loved this movie," I sob, wiping my tears.

Harry sniffles and turns to me. "I knew you'd like it. It's a beautiful movie."

We talk about the movie for a while, then we decide to go out for a walk. The night is chilly, the concrete wet from earlier precipitation. I take a deep breath, filling my lungs with fresh air, enjoying the perfume the rain leaves when it pours down. I know a lot of people don't like it when it rains, and they think cloudy days are depressing, but rainy days are my favourite. They relax me. I look up at the sky and see the dark grey clouds that threaten to bring more rain.

Hand in hand, Harry and I walk around the streets, making small talk and laughing. I check the time on my watch and see that it's midnight. We've never been out on the streets at this time and I find the setting around us romantic. The streets are dimly lit by the lampposts and they cast a perfect shadow on Harry's face, making him look divine.

"We should recreate a scene from the movie," Harry says. I giggle and look up at him, a soft smile lays upon his heart-shaped lips.

"Which one?" I ask. He guides us to the middle of the street and places his left hand on the small of my back, pulling me into him, slightly.

"Where they dance in the middle of the street." He starts humming a soft tune, and our bodies sway from side to side. Our eyes are locked on each other's, lips parted in loving smiles. This moment feels absolutely perfect. I wish time would stop and that we could live in this moment forever. Harry twirls me around as he continues humming. I rest my cheek on his chest and hear his steady heartbeat. "My heart only beats for you, Scarlet," he whispers.

The roar of thunder cracks through the sky, and a second later rain starts pouring down. I squeal when I feel the cold droplets of water hit my body, immediately soaking through the fabric of my sweater and jeans. Harry's hair falls on his face and I push it back. His jade coloured eyes roam my face with such adoration that it leaves me breathless. The look on his face assures me that Harry loves me and would do anything to make me happy. He cups my face and leans down, pressing our lips together gently. The way he kisses me, with such care and devotion, makes me feel like I'm the most precious treasure to ever exist. Like I'm as fragile as a porcelain doll and could break if he added any kind of pressure.

My fingers tangle in his drenched chestnut curls and my body curves into his. The cold rain keeps pouring down on us and a slight wind starts blowing, making me shiver, goosebumps covering my skin. Harry and I pull away from the sweet kiss we were sharing, and I meet his eyes. The moon sits proudly in the sky above us, shining brightly. Its light illuminating Harry's eyes, making them look even more mesmerizing than they already are.

"We should get home, Sweetheart. You're cold." I nod and we run back to the house. We leave puddles of water around the house as we make our way up to our bedroom.

In the silence of our bedroom, the only sound is the chattering of our teeth. Harry heads to the small fireplace inside the bedroom and lights it up. I grab towels from the bathroom and give a couple to Harry. I remove my clothes, leaving only my undergarments on, wrap my hair in one of the fluffy towels, and the other around my body. Harry takes his clothes off as well, leaving his black boxer briefs on. He dries his body and hair with the towel and wraps the other lowly on his hips. I lay a blanket in front of the fireplace and we sit, looking into the fire and getting warm.

"Can I ask you something?" I look up at him and he nods. "You told me once that you had never brought any girl to your house. Why's that?"

He wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath. "Well, I've been with a lot of girls before, Sweetheart." I shift uncomfortably. "I'm sorry. However, those girls never meant anything to me. And I felt that bringing them here would be too intimate. Also, I didn't want anyone to know where I lived. You're the first girl to step foot in this house."

I smile and snuggle closer to him. A comfortable silence engulfs us and we sit comfortably in front of the fire. Harry kisses the top of my head, tightening his arms around me.

The screen of Harry's phone lights up, and he reaches over to grab it. He swipes his thumb across and frowns as he reads. "Everything okay?" I ask. Harry keeps staring at the screen until it turns off but does not answer. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Sweetheart. It's nothing," he says with a small smile, attempting to reassure me, but failing to do so.

I take the phone from him and he tries to snatch it from my hand but I slap his hand away. I press the home button and unlock his phone, tapping on the messages, seeing one the most recent one that comes from a number that isn't registered on Harry's phone. The message I read leaves me confused and perturbed.

Unkown:

You're going to pay. Very soon.