𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐔𝐬 𝐏𝐭-𝟏

Carol's POV:

I held my gun tightly as I walked into the abandoned house. The floor creaked beneath me as walked up the stairs. The house was cold and eerie while I turned looking over my shoulder every five seconds.

"Carol help me!" My best friends Wanda's voice came.

"Wanda!" I screamed back running up higher the stairs looking for my friend.

"Wanda! Where are you?!" I yelled as I turned in a circle looking for her voice.

"Carol! Help me!" Her voice came again filled with terror.

I busted open a door before a walker or an infected as we call it bit her.

"No!" I yelled lifting my gun and shooting at it. I ran to Wanda as she was bleeding out.

"No, no, no, no," I repeated the word putting pressure on her neck. Her eyes were lifeless and her body went cold. Tears blurred my vision as I held her body close to mine. I knew what was coming neck and I wasn't ready for it.

My eyes shot open and I jolted up in bed feeling small beads of sweat on my body. I turned seeing Wanda soundly asleep. Ever since the outbreak of a disease unknown still. Wanda and I have been on the road surviving with what we can. This was the fifth nightmare of me losing Wanda. We're just best friends since childhood and now I was feeling something more for her. I knew she wouldn't feel the same and I would ruin our friendship.

I quietly got out of bed and put my boots, long sleeve shirt, and a coat on. I walked outside where little snow covered the grass. I looked out from our little cabin we stayed at to the city that was now an abandoned waste dump. We had heard from some people were in a group with but that didn't really end well. That there's a place called the Haven. A place is safe from the infected.

"Everything okay Carol?" Wanda's voice came.

I turned to see her dark jeans and a long sleeve shirt that reached down to her knees. She had a beanie on and her nose was slightly red. God, she looked adorable even in a world-ending apocalypse.

"Yeah, everything is okay. I'm gonna go hunting. You should get some rest we move out tomorrow." I said walking past her and back into the cabin.

"Should we leave?" She asked coming in behind me.

"That was our plan Wanda, remember?" I questioned.

"Yes I do but we've been staying here for the past few days and no infected have come by. I was just saying if we could maybe stay here." She said rubbing her hands together showing she was nervous.

"Like start a new life here?" I questioned being confused.

"Well yeah," she said.

A thought popped in my head of living a semi-normal life with Wanda. Come home with something to eat while Wanda makes hot cocoa with a warm fire set. Seeing her loose curls bounce when she would sit down next to me and cuddle into me. Not worrying if someone would come and find us.

"I'll be back soon," I said putting on my air force brown leather jacket and walking outside leaving Wanda alone.

Wanda's POV: