198.

Brett woke up slowly to the feeling of gentle fingertips caressing his still unshaved cheek and the light touch of Eddy's soft lips on his forehead. He felt like he had slept for hours, which was incredible because he never felt like this after a quick nap.

"Hey sleeping beauty, you're awake," he heard Eddy whisper in his ear, and he couldn't help but smile at that. Eddy could really be a sweet talker if he wanted.

"Hey," Brett mumbled hoarsely back, his voice groggy from sleeping. He tried to focus his eyes, but his nose picked up the familiar scent of Eddy's cologne first. He must be ready to go already. "You done with the bathroom so I can get ready too?"

The smile on Eddy's face became really strange at that question, and something about it made Brett's stomach twist.

"Eh, about that," Eddy said, reaching out to brush Brett's hair away from his face. "You looked like you needed the rest, so... I kind of let you sleep."

That made Brett sit up quickly.
"What?! How late are we?" he asked, fumbling to get his glasses. He didn't even pause when Eddy placed his hand carefully on his shoulder to calm him.

"We kind of missed it, but it's okay we'll just..."

"We missed it?!" Brett asked loudly, visibly disappointed as he out his glasses on. "Eddy, you were gonna wake me!"

"I know, I know, I just... I'd rather have you well rested and okay," Eddy tried to explain, but got quiet seeing Brett's face fall from disappointment to sad. He had messed up, hadn't he? "We can go tomorrow? I can call and see if they have a table..."

"It won't be the same tomorrow," Brett sighed, shaking his head. He grabbed his phone and checked the time. Midnight. The restaurant wasn't even open anymore. It wasn't even that day anymore.

"Of course it will, it's just a date. We'll get dinner and maybe go get chocolates again after? I can pay for it this time..." Eddy tried, but Brett's face  made it clear it wouldn't work. His stomach hurt now.

"It won't be the same because it won't be today," Brett sighed, shaking his head. "Or, it won't be yesterday as it is now."

"So what? What's so spec..."

"It was our one year anniversary, Eddy. That's why it was special," Brett interrupted him with a sigh. "We've been together for a year yesterday and I wanted to make it special for you, but appearently I screwed up by being lazy. I'm sorry, Eddy."

Eddy felt the guilt brew in the bottom of his stomach now for several reasons. First of all,æ because he had forgotten their anniversary, something which clearly was a big deal to Brett. He should have known that. Secondly, it was HIS responsibility to wake him up and he hadn't. It wasn't even that he had forgotten, he chose not to! How stupid could one guy be? Idiot!

"Brett I'm so sorry, I sh..."

"Just forget it, Eddy, it's fine. It's just one year anyway, right? It was probably stupid to make such a big deal out of it," Brett mumbled, scooting out of the bed, away from Eddy. "I'll go take a shower anyway."

"Okay," Eddy squeaked, watching Brett leave their bedroom with heavy steps.