175.

"I really am so sorry, Eddy," Brett said after they had put Elise to bed that evening. Eddy had made a cup of tea for them each, and he had curled himself up in a blanket in the comfy chair sipping it. Brett's cup still sat untouched on the table.

"You've said that probably a million times today," Eddy sighed, looking down into his cup. "And I forgive you. You were just worried, and I probably should have been more worried."

Brett shook his head, reaching for his cup. He had sat down in the couch, pulling his legs up as well. Next to him sat Elise's shark.
"I fucked up and said things I didn't even mean, and I know they hurt you because you said so and I can feel it," Brett sighed, looking down into the brown tea. "I don't understand how you can forgive me so easily."

"I guess it's just because I love you, and I realize that you said some things without thinking about them beforehand. And the fact that you're obviously sorry for it makes it hard not to forgive you," Eddy explained with a shrug, taking another sip of his tea.

"I love you too, Eddy. Thank you for forgiving me and for enduring everything you've ever had to endure to be with me," Brett said, wanting to go hug Eddy, but figuring he had sat down in the chair instead of the couch for a reason. "I promise I'll try not to let something like this happen again."

Eddy emptied his teacup and put it down on the table.
"Don't worry about it, Bretty, it's okay," he sighed, giving a small smile. "I think we should take turns making sure she doesn't choke, though. I can take the first shift, if you want."

"No, no, I'll do it. I'll wake you when I can't keep my eyes open anymore," Brett said with a small smile, as if he was considering if the last part would be okay to pass as a joke or not. His smile widened when Eddy laughed.

"Maybe a bit before you can't keep your eyes open anymore," Eddy chuckled, raising an eyebrow at him. "You know, so you can see to get back to our bedroom."

"Hmm I'll think about it, but if you hear a large crash tonight, you know what's up," Brett said, still smiling. He loved laughing together with Eddy.

The laughter stopped quickly when they heard Elise cough, both turning their heads towards her room as she cried afterwards.

"I'll go," Brett said, abandoning his teacup on the table. He stood up and stretched slightly before heading toward Elise's room.

"I'll go shower to get some snot out of my hair. I'll come say goodnight before going to bed," Eddy said with a smile, standing up too. "I love you, Bretty."

"I love you too, Eddy mine," Brett said, smiling brightly back at him before opening the door to Elise's room and going in to calm her.