197.

After carrying Brett to bed for a nap with the promise to wake him up once the bathroom was ready, Eddy grabbed the clothes he was planning to wear for the date and headed for the shower. He wanted to look and smell fresh for Brett as it seemed he had put a lot of thought into it. Eddy wasn't too sure about it anymore, though, seeing how tired Brett was.

The water felt like it took forever to heat up, but stepping under it felt great. The soothing water reminded him if the countless showers he had taken to have a good cry and 'reset' after sex with Brett before they got together. It was kind of strange to think about how much he had hurt and how long he had felt lucky about the tiniest of affection from Brett.

In a way, he still did, but it was different. Before, he had been sure he didn't matter to him, that the affection was just a way to get to continue fucking. A way to continue doing the channel. He had been sure that he was nothing but a tool to Brett, and he felt lucky every time he had gotten anything extra because it felt like he actually mattered a little.

He knew now that this of course wasn't how it was. Brett loved him, and just thinking about it made Eddy's heart flutter. He felt lucky to be loved by Brett, to get to wake up in his arms and to get to raise their daughter together. It was amazing to get to take care of Brett and make sure he was okay.

This was why he couldn't bring himself to wake Brett when he came back to the bedroom despite having spent a lot of time to dress up and fix his hair to look decent for their date. One look at his soft face, the gentle sound of his light snores and the knowledge that he was exhausted after filming made it impossible.

Instead, Eddy took off the blazer he had just put on and crawled into bed with him. Brett didn't even stir when he placed his arms around him and pulled him to his chest, letting his fingers comb through his soft hair. They did this all the time, of course, and Brett reacted by placing his arms around Eddy's torso in his sleep.

The reservation time passed eventually, and Brett was still asleep in his arms. Eddy didn't mind at all. Knowing Brett, he'd probably wake up a bit later and they could get aome takeaway and have a calm evening at home for a date instead. It was more important to Eddy that Brett was okay and well rested.

He pressed a kiss to Brett's forehead, partly to check that he wasn't having a fever and of course because it was too tempting not to. A date night at home, just enjoying each other was perfect in his eyes. Besides, they could just go out for lunch tomorrow or something. Nothing special about today.