64.

"This is my cousin, Lawrence. We call him Law, and ironically he's a lawyer," Leonora introduced the tall, blonde, admittedly handsome guy she had brought with her with a smile. They had come over to discuss the future of the baby. "He suggested we draw up a contract about what we decide, so there is no misunderstandings."

Eddy felt his stomach tighten as Lawrence held out his hand to shake both Brett's and his. He realized there was no way he could ever compare to anybody in the room. Why had Brett suggested they be boyfriends, anyway? To make himself feel better? It would definitely work, he could never compare to Brett. 

Brett nodded as his mind processed what Leonora told him and his eyes ran innocently over the little bump on Leonora's belly. Butterflies went wild, tickling his stomach and he felt the need to hold Eddy's hand. He didn't though, not sure how Leonora would react to them being a couple now.
"Sounds good, but I'm not signing anything before we have someone impartial look at it as well..."

The words echoed through Eddy's head, making the conversation that continued in front of him fade into the background. 'I'm not signing...' Of course it made sense that Eddy didn't need to be part of this process, but the fact that he wasn't even sure if he would be able to call himself the kid's parent or not made him feel uneasy. He didn't know if Brett wanted that. Would he be just "Eddy" to the kid? The thought hurt a bit, but it was fine. He didn't need to be closer, he'd have Brett and they'd have a little family anyway. 

He didn't really feel like he was going to be a parent, though. That was just Brett for now.

Everyone stopped the conversation and stared at Eddy as the alarm on his phone went off, and Brett quickly realized Eddy was a bit confused after being snapped out of his own thoughts.

"The lasagna," Brett reminded him with a smile, placing a careful hand on his forearm. "Wanna take it or shall I?"

Eddy blinked a few times, probably looking like an idiot taking way too long to reply.
"Uh, yeah. Sorry, got lost in my own thoughts a bit. I'll go. Food in five," he said, smiling politely at Leonora and Lawrence before disappearing into the kitchen to get the lasagna and to set the table while he was at it. He could feel himself spiraling, but kept his facade. 

"I already made a draft," Lawrence announced once Eddy had disappeared into the kitchen. He digged through a few documents he kept in a folder in his pc bag and handed a copy to Brett, who immediately flipped through it despite not really taking anything in. "Just a draft, though. Open for changes."

"Yeah, yeah, of course..."

"And the contents depends on what you two decide as well, of course. You can see the different options on page three."

Brett flipped through the pages to find page three, and looked at the options listed. There were only two.

"So you're sure you don't want the kid?" Brett asked, looking directly at Leonora. She nodded firmly, though she was holding her belly securely.

"I realize I'm not ready for a child," she responded simply, and Brett nodded. Was he?