166.

They had to wait a week before getting an appointment for both of them, learning on the phone that Elise would have to wait another month and a half until she was six months before having her first eye examination. Brett kind of knew that, but he figured Eddy would ask anyway and he wasn't sure so he hadn't mentioned it.

The day of the eye exam came and after doing the standard "is 1 or 2 better" they were both trying to find frames for their new glasses. Turned out Eddy's suspicion about his eyesight was right.

Brett had never seen Eddy look more uncomfortable, though. He watched him in the mirror as he tried on a quite round pair himself, and even though he was quite blurry he knew that posture. Elise was sitting on Brett's arm as she had refused to be quiet in the stroller, but right now Brett wanted to put her in the stroller for a bit so he could give Eddy a proper hug.

After a while, Eddy put the pair he had tried last away and camr over to Brett.
"Round?" he asked, hinting to the pair Brett had on his nose. Brett shrugged.

"Yeah.. I'm thinking there's no point in just continuing with the same old, you know? Change things up a bit."

"Yeah, I guess. You look cute," Eddy said offering a smile despite obviously being distraught himself. "As always."

"How about you? Finding anything?" Brett asked, taking the frames off before Elise could grab them and put his own glasses on.

Eddy shook his head, looking down at his feet.
"I just... Don't look good in glasses I suppose," he mumbled. "It doesn't matter what I pick. I'll just choose something and then we can go."

"Don't be silly, Eddy mine. You look good in anything, we just gotta find the best option," Brett said firmly, handing him Elise. "Hold her and I'll find a few for you."

Brett wandered off, plucking down a few frames he thought would fit Eddy nicely, included his own personal favourite which was some golden wire frames with large glasses. He didn't think Eddy would like them, but worth a try anyway. They were a bit special, but he was sure they'd look amazing.

"Alright," he said as he approached Eddy again, showing him the four different frames he had picked out. "Any of these catching your eye?"

"I don't know," Eddy said meakly, looking at them. "I'll just try some, I guess."

Brett handed him the first pair, a dark grey hipster style pair. Kind of square, would probably make Eddy's sharper features pop, that being the jaw many of their fans as well as Brett found themselves drooling over.

Eddy put the pair on and looked at himself in the mirror. He knew he wasn't making sense, but there was something about glasses that made him feel bad about himself. Like they were some kind of reminder of not being perfect or something stupid like that. He knew it didn't make sense, he couldn't really formulate it properly to himself even.

"What do you think?" Brett asked, but Eddy just shook his head and took them back off, placing them with shaky hands on a table.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm being irrational," Eddy squeaked, holding a hand in front of his mouth as a sob escaped his lips. Brett was quick to put down the other frames on the table as well, taking Elise and placing her in the stroller and then finally pulling Eddy into a proper hug.

"Heyhey, it's okay, it's okay," Brett said softly, feeling the salesperson's eyes on them. He ignored it. "It's okay to feel insecure about this, Eddy mine."

"It's stupid, I'm overreacting," Eddy sniffled, hiding his face in Brett's shoulder. Elise was just lying relatively quietly in the stroller now, which Brett was grateful for. Brett caught himself thinking she just knew her daddy needed some attention, but he knew obviously that didn't make sense.

"It's not stupid, Eddy. And we'll find something that'll look great on you, okay? I promise we will," Brett assured, kissing his cheek firmly. "They have like a few hundred frames. At least one of them has to look good. Let's try the ones I found first and go from there, yeah?"