28.

Brett ended up going shopping with Leonora, because of course he did. He apologized to Eddy around forty times, though, as if it would make anything better. Spoiler alert: It didn't.

Coming back home to an empty house, knowing that nobody would check on you in a long while overwhelmed Eddy. He knew it was likely Brett wouldn't come to work tomorrow, and honestly, who else bothered?

He sat his violin down in the living room and felt the heaviness of being alone get to him. Would it even matter if..?

His train of thoughts was interrupted by his phone playing his ring tone. It was so unexpected, it caught him by surprise and he dumped into his couch before fishing his phone out of the pocket of his hoodie.

"Ray?" he asked after pressing the green button to answer. He didn't even bother to lift his phone to his ear and put it on speakerphone.

"Eddyboi! How are you?" Ray asked in the other end, sounding like he was walking while talking. Eddy sunk into his couch with a sigh.

"Not fantastic, honestly," he answered, knowing it was likely Ray wouldn't have time for him either with his busy schedule. "But don't worry about that, I guess I won't die from it. How are you?"

Ray was silent for a bit, but still sounding like he was walking. Then the sound changed as if he walked indoors.
"I'm alright. I actually called to see if it was alright for you if I drop by with some bubble tea?"

Eddy furrowed his brows, not sure what to make of Ray's sudden discovery of free time.
"You know it's in the middle of TwoSet working hours, right?"

"Are you working, though?"

Of course, Eddy couldn't lie and say he was. He hadn't been working in days, and everyone who followed their channel knew that. "TwoSet draught."

"Fine, just come," Eddy sighed, pulling his feet into the couch. "No promises I'll be good company, though."

"No worries, I can't promise I will be either. See ya in a few minutes!"

Eddy put his phone on the table and grabbed one of the decorative pillows he kept in his couch to hide his face in. He had to get his shit together, at least a bit more together than he had it right now, at least pretend he did.

How stupid wasn't it to be this out of it just because your best friend decided someone else was more important than you, anyway?

There was a knock on the door and before Eddy could even roll off the couch, Ray had let himself in with a cup of bubble tea in each hand.

"Hey bud, it's just me," he said as he kicked his shoes off. "Scream now if you're naked."

Eddy couldn't help but snort at the silly comment.
"I'm wearing clothes, no worries," he laughed and ran a hand through his hair. Ray made it inside and handed him his bubble tea.

"Hope it's the right kind, had to ask Brett what kind you like," Ray said as he sat down in the other end of the couch. Eddy visibly flinched at the mention of Brett.

"It is, yeah. Thanks, Ray," Eddy sighed, taking a long sip from it. It didn't make him feel better.