24.

Brett had barely gotten his pants back on as he stumbled back out into the crowd of the party. The guilt was eating him up from the inside, taking large bites of his heart. Holy shit he had messed up big time.

He watched Eddy come out of the guest room after him, beelining for the table of jelloshots Ray had prepared for the party. This would end badly both for Eddy and for him. Mostly for him.

"Hey babe," Leonora said, sinking into the couch next to Brett. A few guys eyed her up as she entered, but Brett couldn't make himself be jealous. He had fucked up worse.

"Leonora... Can... Can we talk for a bit?" he stuttered, feeling the ball of guilt stab him in the stomach. She took his hand in between hers and he felt how soft her skin was as she caressed his hand. It felt nice, and he didn't deserve it.

"Of course, love. Is something wrong?" she asked, looking up at him. Brett wanted to puke. She was too sweet. Why had he fucked up like this?

"S... Somewhere more private?" he pleaded, feeling guilty tears press on. He felt like a child for crying, but it was impossible to stop. Leonora reached over and wiped his tears gently, getting a worried look.

"Of course, Bretty. Come on, let's go to the kitchen, yeah? Come," she said before pulling him to his feet. Brett had to take a deep breath before following her to the kitchen. He watched how her blonde hair swayed as she walked, how she turned to check that he was still following her. Now he'd lose all that.

"Bretty mine, what's wrong?" she asked, pushing him down on one of the kitchen chairs and turning to fetch him a glass of water. He grabbed her hand before she got that far, making her look at him.

"Leonora, I fucked up, okay? I... You really don't have to forgive me, because I don't deserve that, but..." Brett began, not looking up at Leonora as she ran her gentle hand through his hair. He did absolutely not deserve that.

"What happened, Bretty?" she sighed, kissing his forehead. Brett wanted to push her off and tell her that he didn't deserve that, that she should find someone better.

"I slept with someone else," Brett finally said, not looking at her. He was too ashamed. "And I regret it more than is imaginable. I'm so sorry."

Leonora got a strange look on her face, like she was considering how to react. Brett thought it was understandable, but he expected a slap to the face and getting yelled at. He expected her to be angry, and when she wasn't he felt more guilty.

"Was it... Was it because you'd rather be with them?" she asked after a few moments of thinking. Brett felt like puking, and not because of the alcohol in his system.

"No, I don't want to be with anyone else. It was a stupid mistake," Brett explained weakly, looking up at her with tearful eyes. "I'd do anything to have it undone."

Leonora nodded quietly, not really saying much. Brett stood up and hugged her, not sure what else would be the right thing to do.

"Let me make it up to you, in any way. You decide," Brett pleaded as he felt her wrap her arms around him as well. "I'll do anything to fix this."

"I'll keep you to that promise, Bretty," Leonora sighed, burying her face in Brett's hoodie. "For now, just never do it again, please?"

Brett wanted to scream at her that he didn't deserve this, but decided to instead be the best boyfriend he could possibly be to make it up to her. He wanted to make sure she knew he'd do anything to fix this.
"I promise. I swear, I'm not that kind of guy. I fucked up, bad time and..."

Leonora shut him up with a quick kiss. Brett felt his head spin from the amazing feeling of her lips against his. God, he could have lost that...
"Let's have fun with this party now, babe. We'll talk this over tomorrow when you're sober," Leonora said, adding one of her beautiful smiles at the end. "I want a jelloshot."

She dragged him by the hand to the jelloshot table, ane as she did they walked past Eddy standing in the doorway in the kitchen. Brett tried his best to not see his sad eyes.