168.

What if Brett wouldn't find him attractive anymore? What if Brett actually never found him attractive, but the glasses would be the straw that broke the camel's back? What if Elise wouldn't recognize him?

"Eddy, love?" Brett sighed as he entered the room. Elise had fallen asleep again eventually after getting dinner, and Brett was exhausted. He knew he couldn't ignore his broken boyfriend, though.

"I'm sorry," Eddy sniffled, still hiding under the covers. He knew his brain was going all over the place now, and that it was probably hurting Brett.

"Why are you apologizing?" Brett asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed and stroking Eddy's back through the covers. "It's okay to freak out a bit over changes like this."

"A bit," Eddy copied him flatfly, followed by a sigh. "I cried for hours in public over glasses because I was scared you wouldn't like me anymore."

Brett nodded slightly, moving the duvet away from his face slightly.
"I don't think it's possible for me to stop liking you ever," Brett said assuringly, running a hand carefully through Eddy's hair. "Besides, you look gorgeous in the frames you got. Literally k-pop or model material."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better," Eddy sighed, looking up at Brett. "I appreciate it, but I'd rather if you were honest and told me how ugly I look."

Brett ran his hand through Eddy's hair for a moment, trying to think about what to say.
"Do you think I look ugly with glasses?" he asked after a while, feeling Eddy shift in confusion.

"Of course not, you're gorgeous," Eddy answered, looking up at Brett. He didn't understand why he was asking that.

"How about without glasses? Do I look ugly then?" Brett asked, raising an eyebrow before taking his glasses off to demonstrate. Eddy furrowed his brows.

"Of course not, you're beautiful both with and without glasses," Eddy said, watching as Brett put his glasses back on. "Why are you asking me this? Did I make you think...?"

"Not at all, I just wanted to let you know it's the same for me when I see you. You're gorgeous either way," Brett said, going back to stroking Eddy's hair. "It's not ugly. It's different, but not ugly. And you have to get used to it."

"Stop making sense, it's making me feel silly," Eddy sighed, closing his eyes for a moment. "I'm sorry I freaked out and probably embarrassed you earlier."

"Don't worry about that, love, next time it's probably me," Brett said with a soft smile, leaning down to kiss Eddy's forehead. "Want a snack with me before bed, though? I'm starving."

"Sounds good, actually," Eddy said, opening his eyes again. He was smiling now, which made Brett relax more. "I mean, I skipped dinner..."

"I noticed, being the one who cooked the dinner," Brett chuckled, letting Eddy sit up and stretch a bit. "It's okay, now we have leftovers for tomorrow."

"Sounds great. Maybe I should offer to cook for our evening snack, then?" Eddy chuckled, kissing Brett quickly. "What do you want?"

"I just thought we'd have a frozen pizza or something?" Brett said, wrapping his arms around him. "If that's alright with you."

"Perfect, less work for me," Eddy chuckled, pulling the duvet to the side.