92.

After having woken up with Brett in his arms, eventually gotten dressed and finally gotten around to having breakfast, they ended up sitting on their new couch just looking out their large living room window. It was actually raining out, and just being cuddled up watching the raindrops run down the window was soothing.

"We should do something productive," Eddy sighed, resting his head on Brett's shoulder. He knew they were running out of backlog, but they just wanted to get everything sorted first. There was still one very important room that wasn't ready.

"Do you think we should paint Elise's room?" Brett asked absentmindedly, following a water droplet's journy down the window with his eyes until it hit a still droplet and merged.

"The grey is kinda dreary," Eddy nodded, taking Brett's hand and studying it. He loved how delicate his hands looked, how neatly he trimmed his nails, how soft his skin was. "But what colour should we do instead? Pink?"

Brett shrugged, moving his eyes to look at Eddy's careful finger following the lines in his hand. It tickled slightly.
"I was thinking like... Light green or... Yellow? Like pastel..." Brett suggested, turning to look at Eddy's reaction. "I mean, it might be a little cheesy with pastel, but..."

"I like pastel," Eddy said quickly, lifting Brett's hand to his lips and kissing it gently. "Especially green. Green is a nice colour. Underappreciated."

"Green then?" Brett asked, kissing Eddy's cheek.

"Definitely. Love green," Eddy smiled, starting to get out of the couch. Brett held him back by his hand.

"Where..?" Brett began, but was interrupted by a quick kiss.

"To the store to get paint? You coming?" Eddy said with one if the brightest smiles Brett had seen and it melted his heart.

"Yes, yes. Let me just change into something presentable," Brett answered and half ran to the bedroom where they had placed their suitcases of clothes, not yet taking the time to unpack.

Once Brett was out of sight, Eddy sat carefully back down on the couch to wait. He had no idea where his mood had gone, but as he woke up that morning he felt emotionally drained. There was no reason for him to feel this way. Smiling was an excellent way to hide it, though. He was good at smiling. Brett was happy as long as he smiled. He hoped he'd be able to fake it until he made it.

"You ready?" Brett asked as he came back out of the bedroom looking like a model. How did it happen that Eddy got to be this guy's boyfriend?

"You're beautiful," Eddy heard himself say while his mind went down the road of deserving or not deserving. What did he really have to bring to the table? Brett got a soft pink on his cheeks which only made him even cuter. Eddy swallowed hard.

"Thank you, Eddy. It means a lot to hear it from you," Brett said, leaning down to kiss his head. "Let's go, though. The shop closes in a bit over an hour."

Eddy collected his thoughts before standing up and going with him to get his shoes on. He could fake it for today and hopefully everything would be back to normal tomorrow. Why couldn't his mood just be normal?