Chapter 19: It's Showtime

Start bij het begin

"It is clear to see that you two and your Pokemon have no issues communicating with each other, a very powerful asset to have," Mr. Contesta said as the score 8.3 appeared.

"The use of Mareep's electric attacks was remarkable!" Mr. Sukizo said with a score of 8.6 appearing.

"I thought you all were just brilliant! You all have such close bonds and the way you executed the routine was very well done!" Nurse Joy said happily as a score of 9.4 appeared.

"A 26.3! A very solid start to the competition! It seems that Abby and Savannah are going to be some tough opponents!" Adrian announced before moving on to introduce the next pair. The two soon came back into the room and many contestants congratulated them. They both blushed before walking deeper in the room. Suddenly, one of the twins got a star struck look on her face. She yanked on her sister's sleeve excitedly and looked towards May and Drew. The other suddenly got excited too. They quickly made their way over to them.

"Oh my gosh! You're May Maple and Drew Hayden!" One of them said excitedly.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you!" May said sweetly.

"You guys did pretty well out there. I'd hate to be the coordinators following that performance," Drew complimented.

"Oh my gosh! A complement from Drew!" The same girl said excitedly.

"Please forgive my sister," the other one sighed. "I'm Abby and this is Savannah. We're pretty big fans if you hadn't noticed," Abby said coolly. It was clear that Abby was a bit more level headed than her sister. Abby was the one with the Mareep and Savannah had the Wooper.

"So is it true!?" Savannah suddenly asked, with twinkles in her eyes.

"Is what true?" May asked curiously.

"That you and Drew are a couple!" Savannah swooned.

"WHAT!?" Drew and May both exclaimed very loudly. Everyone in the room had their eyes on them now. Suddenly, whispers flew over the room. It reminded May of back at the Pokemon Center. That must have been why they were whispering. Until remembering that Drew and May were competing, they had been focused on last minute practice but the attention was on the unexpected partners.

"No way! We aren't like that!" May exclaimed, embarrassed.

"We're just partners, nothing else!" Drew said a bit firmly. There was an audible sound of disappointment from the crowd before people went back to their own business.

"Well that's too bad! I was really rooting for you two!" Savannah whined.

"Oh, don't listen to her. She's crazy," Abby said, rolling her eyes at her sister.

"Hey! That's not nice Abby!" Savannah pouted.

"Alright, sorry for bothering you, we just wanted to say hi and meet you two. Thank you so much," Abby said politely.

"Oh it's not a problem!" May smiled gently.

"Come on Vannah!" Abby said before dragging her sibling away. A little while passed before finally, they were called. The two of them headed towards the stage. As they walked to the edge of the hall, they took a breath before stepping out together into the bright lights.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N

So as I was writing this, I got to the part where the whispers were clarified from a few chapters back and I checked my word count and saw it was almost a thousand and I knew that I wouldn't be able to finish this chapter if I kept the original length which was supposed to be the whole contest. I wouldn't be able to finish it if I had continued going so I decided to cut the chapter in half.

Anyways, I put so much work into the story. There is so much behind the scenes research I do, and also literally because of this fanfic, I'm rewatching the advanced generation so I can get a feel of May and Drew's actual show interactions because I needed a refresher. I literally watched all of season 6 in 2 days. I'm on

Episode 13 of season 7, but like I said, I've been busy this week and I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't get back until Friday so I'm not going to be watching it that much until I get back.

But seriously, can I just say... as soon as I saw Drew's first interactions with May, I don't know how I couldn't tell it before, but it's so obvious that he's into her. I literally can't. Every time Drew is on screen, I lose it and scream XD. Anyways, I put so much work into this fanfic that I never talk about so I just wanted to bring to light just how much I do for this XD. I've been trying my best to make things accurate and believable.

Also! A new thing I learned is that the Pokemon Centers in the anime are kinda just like the fanfics described them. I always thought it was just a fanfic thing that we did to let them have a place to stay but seriously, they got rooms, a cafeteria, all that stuff and I had no idea XD. Anyways! That's enough rambling for now!

Until next time!

YouDontKnowShipping

P.S. This chapter title makes me think of the Japanese OP for Tokyo Mew Mew XD