Chapter 103: Anakin's Betrayal

Începe de la început

Before searching for Master Yoda and Obi-Wan, I made my way to my room, grabbing my old Jedi Shadow black robes and armor along with my old Jedi Shadow lightsaber. I was relieved to find it still here. I then made my way out of my room, finding both Obi-Wan and Master Yoda in the central security station of the temple. Obi-Wan's eyes lit up when he saw me. "Storm, you made it."

"I'm careful, like always. There was nothing for you to worry about." I mentioned.

As soon as Master Yoda approached me, I gave him a bow. "Master Yoda, it's good to see you."

"Good to see you too it is, Storm. Where is Padawan Skikea? See her with you I do not." Master Yoda commented.

I hesitated before mustering the courage to speak. "...Areria was taken by my clone troopers. I don't know where, but they didn't kill her."

Master Yoda's face fell at my words. "Most troubling this is."

Obi-Wan gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry about your padawan."

"Thanks...where's Anakin?" I questioned.

Before Obi-Wan could say anything, Master Yoda intervened. "Go we must. Send more troops, they will."

I furrowed my brows. Why did he change the subject? As we were about to leave the station, Obi-Wan spoke up. "Wait. There is something I must know."

"If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find." Master Yoda warned.

"I must know the truth, Master." Obi-Wan insisted.

"Obi-Wan's right. We need to know who's the one who killed the others here at the temple." I pointed out.

With that, Obi-Wan and I walked towards where the security recordings were held. We stopped at the panel, turning it on. A hologram then appeared of Anakin fighting and slaughtering all the Jedi in the temple. Obi-Wan and I were baffled. 

"It can't be..." Obi-Wan trailed off.

We then saw Anakin kneel on the ground. Palpatine then emerged, wearing a black hood over his face. "You have done well, my new apprentice. Now Lord Vader, go and bring peace to the Empire."

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Anakin glanced up at Palpatine, looking like he had something on his mind. He then spoke up. "Lord Sidious, please give Storm a chance. I know she will join us." 

My stomach churned at his words. I looked over at Palpatine, who looked conflicted. "Interesting...Lady Ucra may not approve, but I know Storm will make a useful asset." 

Obi-Wan turned off the panel, causing the hologram to vanish. I can't believe it...Anakin, our own friend, turned to the dark side. Obi-Wan walked away from the panel. "I can't watch anymore."

"Destroy the Sith we must." Master Yoda urged.

"Send me to kill the Emperor." Obi-Wan pleaded.

"Me too. We will not kill Anakin." I protested.

"To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough you are not." Master Yoda informed us.

"He's like my brother. I cannot do it." Obi-Wan explained.

"Anakin's family to me too." I argued.

"Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is. Is no more, the friend you both know. Consumed by Darth Vader." Master Yoda mentioned.

"But Storm and I do not know where the Emperor has sent him." Obi-Wan pointed out.

"We don't know where to look, Master Yoda." I added.