Chapter 18: Violet With a Hint of Green

Start from the beginning

"I can tell you love it," he laughed.

"Yeah! Don't get me wrong, I love Petalburg," she said as she directed him into a small restaurant. "But I grew up here, it will always be the place of my childhood and it will always feel like home,"

"Hello! Let me get you seated," the hostess said kindly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a delicious breakfast and coffee that Drew desperately needed, it was time for the tour to officially begin.

"We already passed where I used to live when we came into the city, but that's not important. Oh! Let's go this way!" She turned down a street. He had to jog to catch up to her. "Back there was the trainer's school! But we're heading towards the gym!" She finally stopped in front of it.

"This is the flying type gym! It's led by Falkner. I remember having a crush on him when I was little," she giggled. "If you can beat him, you get the Zephyr badge," if we keep going this way, it will lead us to the contest hall! We will be going there anyways so let's go somewhere else!" She turned them around and they walked back the way they came until May stopped in front of a bridge.

"Sprout Tower's this way! Come on!" She exclaimed. He followed her across this long bridge. There was a massive lake that it was built over. There was an abundance of lily pads and water Pokemon filling up the lake. As he caught up to her at the base of the tower a boy wearing a white beanie came running out of the tower with a Mudkip in front of him. He saw May and his face lit up in surprise.

"Oh my gosh! May! What are you doing here?" He said happily. Giving her a hug. She threw her arms around him.

"Brendan! Hey! I came to Johto to participate in the contests here!" She said. Drew hung back, feeling uncomfortable.

"That's awesome! Dad finally turned me loose from the research. Mudkip and I have the chance to challenge the league this year! We just took on the tower and now we're about to go face Falkner! You should come watch!" He said, brushing his pants off. "Wait, you said, you're doing the contests here?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah! I'm really excited!" She said giddily.

"Well, you need a partner for the contests," he said, as if she didn't know.

"Oh! Yeah, I know that," she said, not understanding. Drew felt a pinch in his chest. He didn't know why, but he didn't like Brendan for some reason. He leaned against the railing on the bridge with a sigh. Cyndaquil squeaked in curiosity. Drew ignored him.

"Well, I'm going to be traveling around, contests aren't really my thing, but I could learn! We could be partners and travel around together! It would be really fun!" He offered. He had a hopeful expression on his face that Drew wanted to wipe off for some reason. Maybe it was because he was annoying.

"Oh, that's nice Brendan, but I already have a partner," she said guiltily.

"Oh, where is she?" Brendan asked, looking around for a girl. Drew smirked smugly to himself.

"Not she!" May giggled. "He!" She corrected, thinking it was a joke. He could see the dummy's face fall. She looked behind her, at him and she glared at him before grabbing him by the arm and dragging him over. He had been about 10 feet away from them before she pulled him over.

"Why didn't you just come over here to begin with?" She asked him with an annoyed expression.

"I didn't want to interrupt your conversation, besides, with your attention span, I didn't think it would take that long," he teased and poked her forehead. She pouted at him.