AHaCaS Author's Notes

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
Wow!  This was actually the longest story I had ever written, and it had evolved into a full blown novel. In fact it is even longer than the novels that I had self-published. When I started this book, I had intended on have a bunch of 5-10 parts per story. Boy was I wrong! 

I think the reason this one was so long was because of how many different plots were involved. I had four Mafia story plots in my head, and three gargoyle ones. I had thought about a mafia story a long time ago, but I wasn't sure if I could write a regular mafia story, and I was still writing this compilation book about supernatural yandere lovers.

When I finished Be Careful of What You Wish, I knew I was going to do a gargoyle story. However I wasn't quite sure what to do.  My first idea was to have a college girl study abroad in Paris, and rent an apartment from a handsome and mysterious landlord. Her apartment would have been in an old building adorned with gargoyle statues. But that was as far as I got.

I was afraid that it might end up being too close to the plot from the previous story. Then I remembered all of the mafia stories that were floating around in my head, and decided to combined all of the plots together. In a sense, I had crammed so many plot points together, that I ended up creating a Frankenstein's monster of a story. This is why is if full of plot twists.  But, in the long run, I think it made the story better.

So Anton was always going to be the true villain. However, he was not going to be Gabriel's and Rosalina's older brother.  It was going to be reviled that he was Anton Sabino, and that he wanted Rosy to bear his children, while keeping Cali on the side.

However, I had to scrap that when I decided to make Rosy his sister. So he ended up becoming interested solely in Cali. Originally I was going to have the medieval princess, and her baby, die during childbirth. But for some reason the idea came to me, to make Anton the actual first born son, while I was writing the scene when they were taking Gabriel's to the clinic.

The Uncle Sal/Vincent character was how I had originally planned for him to be, and he was never going to get out of the story alive. I had planned from the beginning, for him to end up sacrificing himself for Cali.

Even though for the most part it has a happy up beat ending, this story still has a bit of a dark twist at the end. Gabriel left his mafia kingdom behind, and he refuses tho let his children get involved in his new empire. But he did create another mafia empire without telling Cali, or Rosy. As far as they are concerned, he is a simple architect.

The wink that he gives to his reflection in the mirror, is actually aimed at the reader. When I write I picture a movie, and I pictured Gabriel breaking the fourth wall by giving the viewer (or in reality, the reader) a quick wink. It's as if he has acknowledged that you know his secret, that he's keeping from his family.

As I had stated earlier, this book has gotten way too big. Don't worry, I am not going to stop writing these stories. But I can't really fit anymore stories into this book. It's already over 200,000 words and 881 pages. It just takes too long when I back up each chapter now. So this will be the last story for this book. However I will be starting Animalistic Desires 2 soon.

That being said Animalistic Desires 2's next seductive villain will be.....

Van Rothbart of Swan lake, though I have yet to think of a title