AHaCaS Part 25

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
"I'm-I'm pregnant!" Cali gasped.

"Oh my god!" Cried Rosy. "Congratulations, I'm going to be an aunt! Isn't it wonderful!" There were tears in Rosy's eyes as she threw her arms around Cali.

"Sure." Cali replied with a nervous chuckle. The truth was, she was scared to death.  She wasn't sure she was ready to be a mother, she had just become engaged. Having a child was something she thought they would discuss a couple of years down the road. Rosy had a confused look upon her face.

"Well you are happy about it, aren't you?" Rosy asked her.

"I'm scared." Cali replied. "I don't know if I'm ready to be the mother of a human child. What if it's a boy, a gargoyle?  I don't know how to raise a human child, let alone a gargoyle. Plus, we weren't completely intimate until after Gabriel's human side died. Which means—"

"Which means a boy would be a gargoyle, that could not ever disguise himself as a human." Rosy sighed.

"Rosy." Cali cried. "I swear I would love him no matter what. But how can I explain to my child why he can't interact in the world like everyone else. Or why both he, and his father have to hide in the shadows. And if I were to have a boy, and a girl, how can I explain to him that she can do things that he can't. How can I explain to him why she can have friends, and he can't. Why she can go to the beach, or to school, or an amusement park? Or how could I explain to her why her brother is extra special, and can do things like fly, while she won't be able to?  If I have a son who is a gargoyle, then he will end up being part of the mafia. I want Gabriel out of the mafia, not one of my children to be a part of it."

"Look." Said Rosy, as she placed her hands on Cali's upper arms. "I promise you Gabriel will find a way to work through this. Besides, I'm pretty sure you are having a girl."

"How do you know?" Cali asked.

"Because Gabriel doesn't know." Said Rosy. "Gargoyles can alway sniff each other out, even upon conception. If you were having a boy, Gabriel would have known during fertilization."

"But what if he wants other children after this?"  Cali asked. "He's going to want to produce more gargoyles. I'm not ready to be Eve."

"Okay." Said Rosy. "But that's a while down the road. Right now, you're going to have a human girl. I promise you, I know my brother. She will be the apple of his eye. Look, Gabriel has changed because of you. True, you are not sure how to raise a gargoyle, but Gabriel will. You two love each other. Your love for one another, plus mine my love for you as well, will help you find a way."

She then looked at Cali, and smiled. She had actually made Cali feel better, and Cali easily returned her smile.

"Do you really think so?" Cali asked.

"I know so." Rosy replied. "Beside, she'll have her favorite aunt to spoil her rotten."

"Thank you." Said a teary eyes Cali. The two of them soon shared a caring embrace.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As they made their way back to the house, Cali started to get nervous. Hopefully Gabriel would be pleased with the news. She still had a bit of a queasy feeling, but she didn't know if it was from morning sickness. Or if it was from her anticipation of telling Gabriel her big news.

As they pulled up to the house, she saw her Uncle Sal exiting a black SUV. Gabriel didn't tell her that he had invited him over today?

"Uncle Sal!" Cried Cali, as she and Rosy exited the limo. "What are you doing here?"