AHaCaS Part 31

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************

"How long have you known?" Vincent asked as he stared down his former pupil.

"Since that day when Gabriel came by to collect his payment from you." He replied with the same smug look apron his face. "I saw it in your eyes. I could never forget the one who made me what I am today."

Rosalina stared at Vincent, as she held a look of confusion in her eyes.

"What are you both talking about?" She asked.

"Don't you recognize your father's original right hand man!' Anton replied before Vincent had a chance to answer her. She began to stare into Vincent's eyes, as if she was studying him. Her eyes soon widened, as if she made some sort of realization.

"Oh my god!" She cried. "It is you!  I only saw you a few times when I was a child. But the look in your eyes used to always frighten me. I could never forget it."

"Once a killer, always a killer." Anton sneered. "I guess you couldn't help but kill the man that hurt Cali. Not that I could blame you. Like Gabriel, you tried to deny your true nature.  Just as you tried to deny me my true nature. You knew who I was the whole time, but you never let me know the truth!  I am the true heir, and the reason my father searched for his new empire. You saw how I had suffered as a child, how neglected I felt! I thought I was an orphan who's only purpose in life was to be a trained killer, a servant to an ungrateful master!  When it was I, who should have been the master!"

"I had sworn an oath!" Vincent replied. "I had pledged my life to your father!"

"Yes, you did!" Anton replied. "And as my father's right hand man, you kept your word. You didn't betray him because of me. But you did betray him because of Cali!  Although, I guess I can't blame you for that. After all, as I already told her, she is an enchantress. My tearful eyes, that you had seen many times, couldn't break you stone cold heart. But her's did."

"Wait!" Cried Rosalina. "Was Victor telling the truth?  Are you really my brother!"

"That's right my dear sister." Anton replied. "I was the stillborn son of the gargoyle king, and the medieval princess." He then looked down at Victor's unconscious body on the floor. As his looked back up at Rosalina and Vincent, he gave them a wicked smile.

"I think I'll just leave him there for a while." Anton told them. "Unfortunately I need him alive, at least for now."

"I knew you would eventually try and betray him." Rosalina spat. "The Esposito's, and Sabino's were never going to form a lasting alliance.  What if I tell him the truth?"  Anton just began to laugh.

"Either he's already figured that out, or he's too stupid to even believe you!" Anton replied. "Besides, do you honestly think that he isn't planning on betraying me?  Well, I have an ace up my sleeve. He doesn't know that I'm a gargoyle."

"But your mother absorbed all of your gargoyle DNA!"  Rosalina exclaimed. "You're not a gargoyle either!"

Anton just looked at her, and smiled. "But I soon will be."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gabriel had made his way to Anton's secret location. He was still taken aback by all that he had just learned. The old man actually being Vincent Salvatore, and Anton being the brother that he thought had died during childbirth. He really couldn't blame Anton for being angry. Yet he could not for give him for threatening his beloved, his sister, or his unborn daughter.

Gabriel hid in a tree, as he remained in the shadows. He sat there, observing the compound as it was being patrolled by guards. He didn't recognize any of them. Where had all these men come form anyway? How did he not know about this place?  What all had Anton been hiding from him?  Was there another warring family that he had not been made aware of, or was all of this what was left of the Sabinos? It was the Sabinos that attacked them that night at the restaurant, but maybe that was just what Anton had told him.