BCoWYW Part 11

(I do not own the picture above.)
****************************************
John, and Hope headed for the Chamberlain estate.

"I'm thinking this is a mistake." Said Hope as she couldn't help but continue to worry.

"You mean us?" John asked as he had a look of worry.

"No." Hope replied. "I think were great. I just—I don't want you to get hurt. Look, I realize that in all likelihood you don't believe me about the genie story. But I have to emphasize everything that I told you actually did happen."

"It's not that I don't believe you." He told her. "But is there any possibility that it was all just a dream?"

"Well, Michael said." She started to say.

"Wait, Michael!" He exclaimed. "You're basing all of this on Michael?  Hope, I know that this is going to be hard for you to understand, especially after finding out that he's your biological father. But he is not a good person!"

"How do you know?" She cried.

"I did some research on him, when he came back into town." John told her. "Only Greg, and Lois returned to the states sixteen years ago. Michael stayed behind. Over the years he starting dabbling in the occult. Being an archeologist, made it easier for him to find different relic items. He knew what to look for, and he used such items to con people out of their money. So many people over the past have given him their money, because he promised them so-called enchanted artifacts could grant them anything they wanted."

Hope couldn't believe hat she was hearing. "And you didn't feel the need to tell me this, because?"

"I didn't find out until this morning." He replied. "And that's when I went over to his place, and confronted him about all of the warrants out for his arrest. The man is wanted in twelve countries. I threatened to turn him in to the local authorities, and also inform you for his true past, if he didn't leave tonight.  That's why he's leaving. I broke my promise about telling you everything. But I have not called the police."

"Oh my god!" Cried Hope as the truth about her life seemed to be getting worse.

"I know your angry, at me." He told her. "And you have every right to be. But I was afraid he was going to hurt you. I was afraid he was after your money."

"I want to see him!" She demanded.

"Hope, I don't think—" he began.

"I said I want to see him!" She cried. "I want to hear it from him myself!  If we don't try see him, before he leaves, then I'm not coming home with you. And you can forget about us!  If you really want to prove your love for me, than you'll let me confront him. I want to hear all of this from his mouth. But you have to show me that I can trust you, and that you won't let me down like everyone else."

"Okay." He told her. "If that is what you want. Than that is what I'll do."

"Thank you." She replied. She continued to stare out the window, as John made a quick u-turn. She assumed that he was heading for Michael's. He soon pulled into a driveway, and parked the car.

"Alright, we're here." He said, as he started to unbuckle his seatbelt.

"Actually." She replied. "I want to go alone."

"Hope." He began.

But she cut him off, before he could protest. "Look, I know you're concerned about me. But I am no longer that naive little girl who longed for loving parents. He doesn't have the kind of hold on me that he would have had this morning. I'm putting a lot of faith in you, my only request is that you do the same for me."