AHaCaS Part 30

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************

Cali was stunned by what Anton had just told her.  "You-you're Gabriel's, and Rosalina's older brother?" She gasped.

"Correct, my dear." He replied. "I am the stillborn son. Or at least that's what my father wished I was."

"How-how long have you known?'" Asked Cali, as she was still stunned by the revelation.

"I found out five years ago." He told her. "Most of my life I believed I was an orphan. I was told that I was an experiment, that Antonio wanted a member of his organization trained from birth. I remember as a child, all the whores that raised me. Antonio would come to visit them, but not me. Yet I always admired him, and wished he had been my father. Ironic I suppose. He was Gabriel's, and Rosalina's father, but they never admired nor appreciated him as I did."

"How did you find out?" She continued questioning him.

"One night Antonio had too much to drink, and he just couldn't keep his damn mouth shut." He told her. "He told me everything. I had learned long before than who, and what, he truly was. Unlike Gabriel, I would have given anything to have been his gargoyle son. But what Antonio told me, was how disappointed he was for me to be his son. Not only that, but I killed his one true love. I was a murderer, and that was the only thing I would ever be to him. If he hadn't promised my dying mother that he'd take care of me, he would have killed me at birth. But as I grew older, his loathing for me increased. Apparently I also grew into the spitting image of my mother's father. My grandfather killed my father's brothers, and I killed my father's wife."

"But that wasn't your fault!" Cali exclaimed, as she couldn't help but feel some sympathy for him. "He was your father, he should have loved you no matter what!" Antonio looked at her and smiled. He then made his way over to her. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and then delicately caressed her cheek. She was scared, but she did move. Cali just closed her as, as she reluctantly let him touch her.

"You are truly special." He told her. "Only a person of empathy could truly see the pain in my soul."

"Maybe you should have told Gabriel the truth." She said to him. "I'm sure he would welcomed you as a brother."

"Isn't this the same Gabriel you just tried to run away from?" He asked as he smile faded, and voice was now in a slightly annoying sounding tone. "The same man you finally decided was a beast? Gabriel tried to deny his father, as well as his birthright! He even tried to change his name to Gabe Edwards!  And as for Rosalina, do you think she would have accepted me? She to was human, but she was born a girl! That meant she wasn't a disappointment! And she was the apple of my father's eye, his little princes! She despised our father, and the mafia! Yet she had no problem living off his wealth! She's a spoiled brat!"

"But your father's feelings towards them wasn't their fault either." She replied.

"BULLSHIT!" He exclaimed. As she became terrified of the burning rage with in his eyes. She screamed in terror as he picked up a chair, and threw it on the floor. She started to cry, as her body began to tremble. Anton then looked at her, and his face softened. His face then turned into a look of worry, obviously because of what he had done.

"I'm sorry." He cried, "I am so sorry." He then took handkerchief, out of his breast pocket, and started to wipe her tears.

"Th-that's okay." She told him as she continued to fear him.

"No it's not." He replied as he had a look of sorrow in his eyes. "It's just ironic. My father loved my mother, and I would have done anything for him to have loved me as his son. Yet he hated me. But he didn't love his second wife at all. He only married her, because of the resemblance to my mother. Yet he loved the children, that she gave him. Because she gave him Gabriel, the son he always wanted. However they hated him. I saw a picture of my mother once. She looked a lot like his second wife. That little Harlot that he just picked up off the street. And yet, even in a picture, my mother's soul shone through her eyes. As I said before, she was an enchantress, like you."