ItDoHCH part 5

(I do to own the photos pictured above, or below.)
**************************************************
He had to save her, it was the only thing on his mind. Perhaps there were others on board the ship, but they meant nothing to him. No only her, only she was worth risking his life. A daughter of man had somehow stolen his heart. The rest could die as far as he was concerned.

As he got closer, it was everything he had feared. The beast attacking the ship was indeed the Kraken. Then he was right, it was them. The thought of them placing their vile tentacles around her body made his blood boil. He knew them all too well. They wanted her just as much as he did. But unlike him, they were willing to destroy anything that got in their way.  

As the beast continued it's assault on the ship, he witnessed the horror of it feasting on some of human's on board. He himself never cared for humans, mainly because of what they did to his oceans. But the very thought of what was happening to them, made his stomach turn. But he could honestly save only one of them, he could only save her. Other wise he would have left them all die.

"NO! MOTHER!" He heard a voice cry. It was her, the one known as Holly Hobby; his fair haired angel. She was holding onto her mate, begging and crying fo this life. But of course the tentacled demon spawn refused her request. Her mate tried to kill the Cacaelian, but had failed. Her unfortunate mate was then dispatched in a gruesome manner.

He felt somewhat guilty. The death was horrific, and seeing the look of devastation on his beloved's face was heartbreaking. But he had to admit that a part of him was glad that the mate was now out of the way. Besides, even though she was human, did she not deserve a better mate than that of the foulest of creatures known as man?

The Cacaelian demon kept demanding that she come to him, but she refused. She continued to back away from him, as she moved closer to the edge of the boat. This was the opportunity that the merman had been waiting for, he had to save her. In one fell swoop, he breached the surface of the water as he spun in the air.

He looked into the Cacaelian's eyes, and saw nothing but shock and anger. With triumphant satisfaction he wrapped his arms around his beloved, and pulled her into a protective embrace. As soon as he did, they returned to the ocean. But he knew he had to act quickly.

Immediately he turned her around, and saw that she was already struggling to breathe. Unlike the people of the sea, humans were not amphibious. So as he breathed through the gills in his neck, he quickly pressed his lips to her. As he held her tight, and forced the air into her mouth, he could feel it filling up he lungs.

Even after she fainted, he continued to share his oxygen with her until he got her back to this cave.

The cave had two entrances. One entrance was at the bottom, which he would normally use to enter from the ocean.
The other was from a small island.