ғɪᴠᴇ: ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀᴡɴ

Start from the beginning

"What's going on out there?" I asked curiously, while closing the door behind me and following him.

"Our pack members are targeting down the corrupt wolves involved in the Red Moon Pack who are believed to be working with the rogues in secret..."

What the heck? We had snitches in the pack? That's interesting.

".....and also the people who treated you badly." He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Wait what?"

"Alpha's orders again." He shrugged while chuckling, making me blink dramatically after digesting his words.

But there are innocent wolves out there...

"Don't worry about the innocent ones, Zander can make people spit out their lies easily. If they don't, that means they are not bad. We'll be heading towards the training grounds, you can accompany my mate while we negotiate with the council. I believe one of your friends is also waiting there for you."

I smiled. I'm sure it's Zuri.

I looked outside to see the apparent good pack members in a long line, taking something from the warriors of the Shadow Moon Pack. It looked like a small badge, having the words 'RPM', that was probably standing for red moon pack member, and I watched everything in awe. This whole place looked like an actual functioning pack now, as there was nothing jokingly made, while the members of Zander's pack took everything seriously like a boss.

I immediately spotted Zuri in my peripheral vision, seeing her talking to a bright smiling girl whom I didn't know, and she instantly noticed me and ran towards me in a flash, reuniting both of us in a long and warm hug, and it felt amazing.

"OH MY GOD SOF! Thank goodness you're fine! Are you hurt anywhere? Are you tired? Do you need some food or water? Are you—" She again, started to blurt questions without letting me utter a single sound from my lips, making me giggle to myself and watch her tantrum. She was a natural talker who wouldn't shut up in front of people, and this made me laugh.

"I'm fine girl, I can eat, but I'll do that later," I replied assuringly while smiling at her, making her make the peace sign before guiding me back to where she was standing. The girl who was talking to her approached me and greeted me with a beautiful expression,

"Hey there! I'm Karlee, Chris' mate. You must be Sofia." She chirped vivaciously, engulfing me in yet another hug after Zuri's, and I just froze.

I'm awkward as fuck. I don't know how to deal with people in these situations.

I just hugged her back in a response, well kind of, and giggled nervously before pulling away.

"I'm so excited to finally meet you, the Alpha wouldn't stop talking about you, you know," She cheered while thinking to herself, making me frown after witnessing Zuri's teasing expression targeted towards me.

Zander...talked about me?

That's new.

"Okay, question time, when were you going to tell me that one of the gods is YOUR DAMN MATE?!" Zuri screamed at me dramatically making the people around us look at us and it was again.

Awkward.

Very awkward Zu, great.

"Uh huh, about that. Can you keep it down first?" I lectured while whispering to her as a reprimand, while she nodded embarrassing with a sly pig snort, but still looked a little shocked.

"I—I only meet him today, I didn't have the time to tell anyone. But where were you guys all this time?"

"We were in the meeting hall discussing the rogues. The meeting stopped when Zander burst in and confronted the Alpha."