ᴛᴡᴏ: sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ

Start from the beginning

After leaving the note, we quickly headed towards the cells with the remaining silence around us. On our way, I couldn't control my thoughts and hyperventilation.

I was scared as fuck. Obviously, I was terrified.

Will he hit me again? Will he do something creepy like last time? I hope he doesn't do anything, and the Luna shouldn't be there either. I wouldn't have my dignity by the end of the night if they both are present again, I don't even know whether I would survive another punishment like yesterday.

And at the same time, Evie is not that healthy like she was before, exacerbating and vanquishing the attempt to heal on a second go, making my palms sweat. Heck, she wasn't even talking, she was that exhausted.

Once we entered the cells, I couldn't breathe, I literally was so close to fainting from the overwhelming fear, retrospecting the incident in the Alpha's chambers over and over again, as I just wanted to sleep the whole day and not worry about anything. It was like I was about to honestly die.

But when I saw Alpha Kane in a nicely dressed suit and his disheveled hair completely cleaned up, along with a surprisingly genuinely smile, I was spooked.

He was smiling.

Smiling.

He did not have a sinister face like he always used to.

"Good morning Sofia." He spoke rather politely.

Okay, this has to be a prank.

He's joking.

He is one of the last persons to be nice to me. Regardless, I had to act cool. Don't overreact Sof.

"Good morning Alpha." I mumbled in a muddled tone, making sure to be respectful this time instead of clawing his face like I ruined his thighs, because I don't want another beating from him.

"If you're thinking I'm going hurt you or punish you, you're wrong."

I had my shocked pikachu face plastered in front of all of them and it was very clear by my expression. I noticed even the guards were in a good mood. Is something really special going on?

"I actually have quite a few tasks to attend to with the guests arriving today. You can have the day off." He announces casually.

Holy fuck, yes! I can heal properly!

"I just had one thing for you, that cell at the back needs some cleaning. I hope it's okay for you to do the job."

"Yes, Alpha."

"Very well. I'll be clear again, I have no intention to hurt you," He says before walking out the door but then he stopped.

"That's his job today." And then he left.

His job? What?

Suddenly, one of the guards from yesterday who pushed me, and also made me fall to the ground, grabbed me harshly and made me go to a corner cell. He made me sit down on the floor and he closed the cell bars shut, not saying anything and not giving any closure.

What's going on?

"S-Sir, is it okay to bring some cleaning supplies for this cell? I'd like to get back to the kitchen early." I whispered quickly.

"Oh no, don't worry. I'll let you do that," He chirps with an evil smirk while unbuckling his belt.

WHAT?! What is he doing? Don't tell me he's..no.

No no no.

I automatically glanced at the cell door to see it was not that nicely closed off, making a plan ignite in my mind after my breathing started becoming heavy, but my sight was taken off of the cell door because of him stepping closer, making me part my lips in protest.