Octavia P.1

AU where Auri made it to Octavia.

Word count:
844 words

Angst

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Flynn Jones
Ellie Malikova
Rosa Madran
Ethan Gilwraeth
Zhang Ji

~~~
The girl with mismatched eyes POV

"Welcome to Octavia, Aurora Jie-Lin O'Malley." A robotic voice says, and the Med Bay doors open with a hiss.

The sunlight hits my face, and I smile.
I had made it.
I had made it to Octavia.

"Aurora!" Dad cries, and he throws his arms around me.

"Hey, Dad." I say, replaying the memories of what I had said to him before I left Earth.

I pull away from him.
"I am so, so sorry."

"Aw, Jie-Lin, have you been worried over such a little thing for all this time?"

"Y-yeah." I sob, and hug him again.

"Shhh, it's okay." He leans in close and whispers in my ear.
"You need to run. There's something on this planet. It's infected us, but you can get the others and leave."

"Dad, wha-"

"NOW!" He shouts, and I scream as flowers burst out of his eyes.

"DAD!" I scream, but it's drowned out by overlapping screams.

The Med Bay is blocked by crowds of people, and in a whirl of blooming plants and bodies, I run to the space port.

I race to the sleekest ship I can find; a Nebulae 089, and climb aboard, shutting the hatch behind me.

We learned to fly these in Octavia training, and I know the layout like the back of my hand.
I sprint to the control room, but someone's already there.

There's a blond boy at the controls, a girl with short, bright pink hair running around frantically and a tall boy standing in the corner, his arms crossed.

"ETHAN! HELP US! NEW GIRL, CAN YOU GET ALL THE MED SUPPLIES?" The girl with pink hair cries, and I spring into action, heaping boxes of med supplies and food.

"Aaalright, kids, strap in. Ellie, can you go get Rosa? Ethan, for fricks sake, your not too macho to put on a goddamn seatbelt while we blast off planet." The blond says, and shoots me a smirk.
"Flynn Jones, at your service. And you are...?"

"Aurora Jie-Lin O'Malley. But call me Auri."

"Well then, Auri, you better strap the fuck in coz we gotta bLAST!" He shouts and flies back to the console.
"Flynny-boy, I got Rosa!" Ellie shouts, and drags an unconscious black girl to a seat, and she straps herself and the girl in.

Ellie places a kiss to her forehead, and whispers something unintelligible.

"ETHAN! GET THE HELL INTO YOUR SEAT. RIGHT. NOW!" Flynn shouts, and the boy complys.

"Aight, kids, lets blast." Flynn says, and we shudder as the ship kicks up and flies out into the blue.

~~~

It's an hour later, and we're in Octavias orbit, circling our would-be home.

I look at the boy across from me. Ethan, I remember his name is.

He's got his black, spiky hair closely cropped. He's got olive skin, and I can see a hint of a dimple. The most striking thing about him, though, is his eyes that seem to shimmer between violet and aquamarine.

It's beautiful.

I look to Flynn.
He's got the sandy tousled hair that would make anyone go crazy, and tanned skin. I see a hint of a tattoo at his sleeve. His forest-green eyes meet mine, and shoots me a grin.

I have to smile back.

Rosa is up and talking to Ellie.
She's beautiful with her red-painted lips, dark skin, pierced ears and green dress. Her dark hair is chin-length, and is framing her face perfectly.

Ellie is a little more frazzled, with her pink hair choppily cut ranging from ear-length it chin-length. She looks down at her black-tank top and her black ripped jeans, and then back up to Rosa. Her eyes are this deep, dazzling blue, as if someone's poured oceans into them.

Rosas a lucky girl.

"Well." Flynn stands up.
"Looks like we're in this for the long haul. We can't fold without Cryo, so that's fun, and we're pretty low on supplies. I'd give us maybe...two months."

"Two months before..?" Ellie asks.

"We run out." I tell her.

"Oh. Oh."

"Yeah. If we wanna get back to Terra, we're gonna have to-"

I cut him off.
"We can't fold there. We don't know what's there. For fricks sakes, we haven't even made first contact! Folding is not an option."

"Then what about returning to Octavia?" Rosa says.

"Not an option, either. We'll die. You saw what the other- the other..." I choke up, but everyone knows what I'm saying.

"Well. Looks like we're stuck here." Flynn says.

This is gonna be fun.

~~~

Oh looks, she's decided to do another miniseries...*eye roll*

I have actual ideas and planning for this one, so I hope you enjoy, and please, please, please tell me you found the badly hidden suprise/Easter egg that I put in there.

Anyways, I love yallllllll