Hell froze over P.5 ✨

Song for the story -
Hell froze over - Kodaline.

Word count: 825 words.

Angsty adventure.

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley.
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth.

~~~
Auri's POV

I walk through the huge, arching doorway, too lost in thoughts of a lost lover to notice that he was there.

The room still got the dark, angsty look of the rest of the Obsidio, with the only change in the room being the huge table filled with a feast big enough to feed a hundred starving men.

And then I see him.

He's still as hauntingly beautiful as before everything went to hell, with cheekbones so sharp they would cut you if you kissed them, and ornate braids flowing down his back.

He's wearing the matte black armour of the Unbroken, with a blood red cape flowing behind him, almost the same as the one his father wore the first time I faced him.

I'm brought out of my trance when my oh-so-lovely escort push me to the floor, and bow to Kal. I tumble down the steps, knowing I would have some nasty bruises later.

I groan as I tumble to Kal's feet, knowing if I get up, I'd have to face him.

"Get up." Kal says, making my decision for me.

"You're not Ty. You can't tell me what to do." I say, ever defiant.

He grabs my arms, gentle, and lifts me to my feet. As soon as I'm on my feet, I snatch my arms back and cross them, even though I long for his touch.

I walk over to the table, avoiding his gaze, and sit down, smoothing down my starlit dress.

He walks to the table, and sits down opposite me. I don't touch the food, even though it looks so freaking good.
Because, y'know, poison and being in the rebellion.

"So, be'shmai. How is the squad? I'm curious." He asks.

I glare at him, "For the last time, Kallis," putting extra emphasis on his name, and watching him flinch because I've never used his name like that before, "Don't call me be'shmai. And the squad is fine, no thanks to you. Fin got a girlfriend, and they had a kid half a year ago. Her names Andromeda, and I'm her godmother."

I smile at that, remembering how cute she was, with her little mop of white hair, dark skin and white eyes.

She was perfect.

"I'm surprised Finian found someone who can put up with him." Kal says, eyes twinkling.

I almost throw my fork at his throat because no one insults Fin like that.

Kal smiles, knowing that I was impossibly mad at him.

"Your even more beautiful when your mad." He says.

I roll my eyes, and slowly start eating a single slice of bread, vowing that I wouldn't speak to him ever again.

He asks several more questions before giving up, realising that I don't want to answer him.

I finish my slice of bread, and stop eating, because Eshvaren knows what drugs he's put in there.

As if reading my thoughts, he says,
"It's not drugged. You can eat, Aurora."

Why do I keep on forgetting that waywalkers can read minds?!? Even rotten, stuck up halfwalkers.

"I'm not rotten, Auri."

"Yes you are."

"I am not. I did what I had to d-"

"You did what you had to do? Did you really? Because I'm pretty sure breaking my heart, and nearly killing us all isn't doing what you had to do." I hiss in a cold fury.

"Aurora, please, I was trying to save us." He starts to plead.

"You don't want to save us. There is no us. I'm done here. Let me go." I spit.

"I can't force you to stay. Guards? Escort Aurora back to her room." He calls, and an escort of several Warbreed come to drag me away to some new prison.

But, surprisingly, they take me back to the room with the silk sheet bed and the photos.

"This- this is my room?" I ask.

"Yes." One of the Warbreed reply, turning out of the room and locking the door.

Might I say, these prisons are getting better and better, I think, before heading to a closet to choose some clothes.

There's a note on the door, too.
I seem to remember you liked wearing my clothes.

Prick.
You know me too well.

I choose out a black oversized jumper, and make a nest of pillows and blankets on the floor next to the bookshelf.

I mean, if I was to stay on a Syldrathi ship for the rest of my sad existence, I may as well learn the language.

And lucky me, there's a bunch of language books there. From Terran to Betraskan to Chellerian, it had almost everything.

Wow...

And that's how I fall asleep, in a fort of pillows on the floor, sleeping on a book.

And that's how Kal finds me too, six hours later.