Midnight Talks P.1 ✨

Yes I am aware that I've done something similar to this but I really don't care coz it's remix time baby.

Also, backstoryyyy:
Auri has been captured for over a year now by the Unbroken. She is presumed dead.

K lets get on with the story.

Word count:
808 words

Starring:
Saedii Gilwraeth
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley

~~~
The girl with mismatched eyes POV

I rest my head against the wall, looking out to my cell.
It's all black and deep crimson walls, the floor black and scuffed from hundreds of prisoners.

There's a translucent, red-tinged wall that keeps me inside, and the guards use it to feed me.

Being an Unbroken prisoner really sucks.

I don't know how long I've been here, but it's been a while. Long enough that my hair reaches my shoulder and falls in my eyes, long enough for my body to go gaunt with a lack of food, long enough to know that my friends faces are fading from my memory.

Long enough for my will to crumble and my love to fade.

And I am afraid.

"Auri?" I hear a voice call.

It's Saedii.
She's been the only kind one on the ship, which is commanded by her father.

She comes when I'm supposed to be asleep, and tells me news and stories of the others. She keeps in touch with Kal and the Squad, giving me a sliver of hope in this world.

"Hey, Sade's." I say, my voice weary.

She smiles, and slides a chocolate bar under the door.
"You need to eat. You're far too skinny."

"It's not my fault they don't feed me enough."

"Hm. I will see to that."

I offer her a smile, and dig into the bar.
"Yummmmmmmm." I moan.

"Glad to see that you are enjoying it. Would you like to hear of your friends?"

"Would I ever."

"Scarlett has managed to wager peace with the Unbroken. Unfortunately for you, they haven't negotiated getting rid of prisoners."

"...oh."

"Yes."

"Is Kal doing anything?" I ask her.

"Not that I know of, no."

"What is up with him?! We haven't heard from him in weeks!" I cry, throwing my bruised arms up.

"Aurora, he will be okay. He is probably grieving for you."

"No! I want to leave, Sade's. I wanna get out of this place and see them." I sob.

She looks uncomfortable.
Generally Saedii fights stuff and is mean, she doesn't comfort people.

With a deep breath, Saedii opens the door, and slips inside, sinking down next to me. Before I can collapse in a puddle of tears, she hugs me tight to her body, her black sweater soft against my cheek.

"I wanna go home." I sob, but I'm not sure if she can even understand what I'm saying.

"It will be okay, Auri. I will get you out of here, I promise." She whispers.

"R-really?"

"Really."

"C-can you tell me stories of him?" I ask her.
"Of Kal?"

"Of course. We were close in the beginning, before I made the mistake of not realising how evil Caerson was."

She gives a small, sad chuckle.

"Maker, we were unstoppable. The children of the baddest Warbreed on Syldra. People feared us, treated us with respect."
"It was fun. But he had his moments, even if he was the favourite child."
"Did you know he used to do painting?"

I snort.
"Kal? Painting? In this world? Were they any good?"

"No. They were horrible."

"When I get out, remind me to tease him about that."

"Of course. Is there anything that you wanted to know?"

I pause. "Did he have any friends?"

"He was a quiet child, and I was normally his friend, but he kept to himself, preferring the company of his music and mind than to kinship and such trivial matters like that."

"Oh." I say nothing else, not knowing what I would say.

"Yes."

"Have you...have you ever felt the pull?" I ask her after a while of silence.

"What?"

"Have you ever felt the pull? Come onnnn, Sade's, I wanna know!"

Her ears go bright red.
"No."

"Liarrrrr."

"No."

"I'm not gonna stop pestering you about it."

"Well." She takes in a deep breath.
"Tyler Jones."

I give out a dramatic gasp, like I already didn't know.
"Rrrrrreally?"

"You need to work on your acting skills." She says, her voice dry.

"Yep. If it helps, last I knew, Ty was single."

I see a flicker of hope on her eyes, but it dims a second later.
"You should sleep."

"Probably."

I get up and lay in my bed.
Actually, I wouldn't even call it that.
It's just a dented mattress on the floor and a threadbare blanket resting on top of it.

"Goodnight, Sade's." I mutter, before passing out into dreams of a lost lover.