Music and Memories

Song for the mood:
Wonderwall - Oasis

Fluff

Word count: 467 words

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth

Sorry about the shortness lol.
~~~
Auri's POV

I'm laying on my bed, replaying old memories of my family in my head.

I remember the smell of my mother's amazing cooking.

I remember my dad reading me old Chinese stories.

I especially remember Callie and I starting a cover band. She was on instrumentals and I was the one who was singing.
Our favourite songs to sing was Wonderwall and What About Angels.

I missed those days. We had a little setup in the spare room of our New York apartment, preforming for our family. I remember sometimes singing the songs that Callie made up.

She wanted to be a composer.

She was my best friend.

And she's gone.
I left her.
I'm dead to her.

I should be dead....
Why didn't I die.
I was supposed to.
But now I'm stuck here, 220 years from where I should be.

I hadn't realised I was crying until I see
tiny drops on my lap.

~~~

After a while I start singing wonderwall to myself, getting up of the bed and doing small spins across the room.

Oh, and after all, your my wonderwall

I didn't realise how loud I got until I finish, and I see Kal's head poking through the door. He starts clapping, and I notice he's blushing.

I do a small curtesy, and laugh.
"You know you can come in, right?" I ask him. He smirks and comes inside, shutting the door.

Kal and I both sit down on the bed, me leaning on his chest, him stroking my hair.
"Be'shmai, why were you singing?"
I pause before I start to explain it to him about the garage band with my sister.
"I just miss her." I say after. "I feel like I should've died. I left her to think I died. I left them, Kal. Why didn't I die?"

The tears start again, and he hugs me tightly to his chest.
He didn't say anything, as I sobbed. He just sat there, hugging me to him and staring into the void.

After a while, I've stopped crying. I start quietly singing wonderwall again. I feel Kal looking at me, and he strokes my hair again.

I untangle myself and pull him up. I intertwine our fingers and put my spare hand on his shoulder, and he puts his hand on my waist.

Still quietly singing, we sway to the sound of my voice. I lean my head on his chest, the tears coming back for the third time. We stay like that for a while.

I come back to reality, thinking how much of a beautiful memory it was.

It almost was enough to make me think Kal was still alive.