Hell froze over P.3 ✨

I don't know what the chapter cover is from, but it gives me serious Aurora Rising vibes.

Song for the story:
Hell froze over - Kodaline

Word count: 573 words

Angsty adventure

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth
Torturer.
Guards.

~~~
Auri's POV

I can't see.
I can't move.
I can't talk.

I'm blindfolded, gagged and tied up in an Unbroken cell. I have a small sedation patch on my wrist, but it's only to weaken me for my Interrogation, so I can't fight back.

It weakens me enough that I can't use my gifts to break free.

He remembers.

The floor is freezing, and the thin something that I'm wearing isn't enough to protect me from the biting cold.

Is this the way that they have chosen for me to die? Hypothermia?

I try and focus on good memories to try and distract me.

When my goddaughter, Andromeda was born.

Squad 312 watching scary movies to try and pass the time between missions.

Scar picking out some clothes for me so I could go undercover on one of our more dangerous missions.

Setting up a suprise party with Galatea for Fins 24th birthday.

Playing strip poker with everyone.
I smile at that memory, remembering how Zila and I had layered on clothes, trying not to lose.

I'm snapped out of my memories when I hear a door whisper shut.

Oh no....

I'm dragged up by my hands, and am led blindly through the halls of the Obsidio.

We eventually reach what feels like a door -I still am blindfolded- and am pushed down to the ground.

The Unbroken take off my gag and my blindfold, and I gasp.

I'm in a huge room, with a giant floor the ceiling window facing the stars. It's crimson and red, the same as the rest of the ship.

My heart sinks when I see the chair.
Its one of those chairs that look comfy, but feel like there's bricks in it instead of stuffing. It's got Mag-Restraints built into the sides and the legs of the chair, which is, what I'm assuming to be, for my arms and legs.

I try and back away when I realise I'm headed for the chair, but I'm caught by a guard and thrown onto the chair.

They tie down my arms and legs, and give me a cloth to bite down on.

Oh god, help me.

The sedation patch is still on, but the rush of fear and adrenaline that I got from the chair has made it worn off.

I send a tendril of my star-speckled mind to work I'm ripping off the patch.

It rips off in a little bubble of blood.

I use all the force I have, and throw all the guards back, making a force field around me so no one can hurt me.

"If you don't want to die, get the HELL OUT!" I scream, and the guards sprint away, and put the small door, as well as my would-be torturer.

I give myself a small smile, and let myself out of the Mag-Restraints.

I make a beeline to the door, or what was the door. It's gone. It's just a smooth black wall now.

"There is no freedom, Aurora. Only bigger prisons." I hear a voice I had missed so greatly over the years.

"Kal......" I whisper, looking up to the roof.

He was finally here.