Back to the Court of Shadows and Stars P.2

Part two:
A plan and a dress

Word count:
656 words :)

Angsty fluff.
But mainly Scar and Auri fluff for this chapter.

Starring:
Aurora Jie Lin O'Malley as an Illuminae member (Human)

Scarlett Isobel Jones as an Illuminae member (Half-Elf)

Tyler Jones as an Illuminae member (Half-Elf)

Cat 'Zero' Brannock as an Illuminae member (Human)

Finian De Karran De Seel as an Illuminae member (Betraskan)

Zila Madran as an Illuminae member (Dwarf)

Lila James as the Court of Stars Queen (Human)

Kaliis Idraban Gilwraeth as an Elven Prince (Elf)

Saedii Gilwraeth as a Elven Princess (Elf)

~~~
The girl with mismatched eyes POV

"WHAT?!?" I shout, getting to my feet in an instant, my magic crackling at my fingertips.

"Auri!" Fin shouts, and grabs my arm.

"Do not touch me!" I shout, and try to pry myself from his grasp, but he hangs on to me.

"Don't you get it? You can talk to him, figure out what he was gonna say." Fun reassures.

I sigh and sink to my feet.
I don't want to go back.
But I do.
So
So
Badly.

I guess that's what happens when you fall in love with someone you hate.

"God..." I say.

Scar and Cat are out of their seats, Cat talking to Ty and Scar kneeling down next to me, comforting me. Zila just stares at me, a look of confusion on her face.
She never really understood humans.

"Well, Sleeping Beauty," Fin says.
"Let's get this love show on the road!" He and Scar share a grin, and pump their hands in the air.

"Now come onnnn, Auri, I'm going into town to get some clothes and you are coming with. We're gonna make you look absolutely fan-fucking-tastical for lover boy!" Scar says, dragging me to my feet.

I'm dragged to my feet by an overenthusiastic Scarlett, and we get on our horses, mine a beautiful black horse and hers a caramel one, and we ride out into town, away from our troubles.

~~~

"This one?"

"No."

"This one?"

"Hell no."

"This one?"

"Definitely not."

We're in a dress shop, about two hours away from camp. Scar is pulling out dozens of different dresses for me, and none of them are right.

"Uuuuuuuugh." Scar says, flicking her flame red hair and rifles through stacks of multi-coloured dresses.
"I really hate you right now."

I give her a smile and walk around the store, running my hands over the hundreds of different materials and dresses.

Sunlight filters through an old window in the corner, and a female Betraskan wearing a body-hugging black dress is behind the counter, watching us with black eyes.

"Can I help you?" She drawls, obviously done with us.

"No thanks, were quite alright." I tell her, trying to make my voice sound cheery, and not like I want to scream and sob and tear my hair out.

"Aha!" Scar says, triumphant, pulling a dusty dress from a stack of rumpled dresses.
"This is totally the one!"

She brushes dust off navy blue material, and my breath is taken clean away.

It's a dark, enticing blue, with silver spots sprinkled on to make it look like it shines with a thousand stars. It has a deep neckline, deep enough to give Prince Kaliis a good view, with straps that hug the sides of my arms.

It's perfect.

We pay for it and Scar heads to another shop, leaving me to wait outside in the deepening twilight.

A while later, Scar returns and shows me her prizes.
There is a navy blue mask to cover my eyes, a necklace with a silver half-moon on it and navy blue heels.

"Seriously?! Heels?" I ask her.

"Auri, honey, if your gonna play the part you gotta look like it."

I roll my eyes, but burst into joyful laughter a minute later. We get on our separate horses, and ride back to camp.