History (2020 spoilers)

Fluff!

Word count:
583 words

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Kaliis Idraban Gilwraeth

~~~
The girl with mismatched eyes POV

Whatcha dooooing?" I ask Kal, leaning on the doorframe.

"My history assignment."

"Oooooh, can I help you? I'm like, a living piece of history!"
I run in and sit down next to him.

"I am aware of-"

"Ooh, Kal, you have this all wrong. But then again this is assignment is on 2020 and 2020 was wack."

"Wack?" Is all he has time to question before I launch into helping him.

"So, 'Rona started in....uh....actually I forget but it 'ended' in June, when all the Black Lives Matter riots started." I laugh.
"Shoulda warned them of the second wave that that would cause but anyway-"

I point to January.
"World War Three happened there, out of the five World Wars that Terrans have started."

"Oh! This was always on of my fave parts of the apocalypse!" I point to the May sector.
"Musk threw a rocket into space! It was soooooo cool!!"

"Who is Musk?"

"Elon Musk? God, your really need to brush up on your history."
"Wait- I work better with music, can I go grab my Uni?"

"Um-"

"Thanks!" I say, and run out of the room.

I pass by the galley, and grab as much chocolate as I can.
I walk into my room, with its posters over the walls and the Chinese and Irish flag on the wall.
I pick my Uni and some earbuds from my bed, and race back to Kal's room.

I dump everything on a black blanket that Kal has set on the floor next to his homework.

I flick on my Uni and go onto MusicMoon, putting one earbud into my ear, and pressing into my playlist.

I put on The Fall by Half•Alive, and I offer Kal the other earbud, and he takes it.

I bob my head to the music and mouth the words.
"Okay, so your gonna wanna put the First Contact sector in the December section. Like that, there you go!" I cry, and bump Kal's shoulder, and he offers me a small smile.

Cute.

"Uh- do the history profs actually know what they're doing?" I question, looking to the COVID-19 vaccine slot.
"Everyone knows the vaccine was made in 2022."

"Well, obviously you are wrong-"

I shoot him a death glare, and he goes quiet.

The Magic by Lola Blanc comes on.
"Wait, can we take a break? This is my favourite!"

"We only started-"

"Thanks, Kal!"
I start dancing cross-legged, moving my shoulders and bobbing my head.

I catch Kal watching me from the corner of his violet eyes, a ghost of a smile on his face.

I flash him a toothy smile and offer him some chocolate, and he takes it.

"Um, we should probably go back to um, work." I stutter.

"Yes. We should."

"So, you......."

And we stay like that, showing him history.

~~~
The Tanks POV

Aurora lays on the blanket, asleep.
We have been doing work for four hours, and she is exhausted.

I stand up, careful not to wake my be'shmai.
I lean down to pick her up, cradling her frail body in my arms, and lay her down on my bed.

She is beautiful, the stars that shine outside pale in comparison.
She's so peaceful when she sleeps...

I sit down on the floor, and rest my head against the bed frame.

Sleep, be'shmai. All is well.