In this Court of Shadows and Stars P.3

Part three:
The crown prince of Syldra.

Word count:
757 words.

fluffy angst

Starring:
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth as the Warbreed Elf Prince

Aurora Jie Lin O'Malley as the Court of Stars Mage.

Archon Caerson as the Warbreed Elf King.

Lila James as the Court of Stars Princess.

King Alex James as the King of the Court of Stars.

Saedii Gilwraeth as a Warbreed Princess.

Tyler Jones as a Illuminae member.

Fin De Karran De Seel as a Illuminae member.

Cat Brannock as a Illuminae member.

Zila Madran as a Illuminae member.

Scarlett Jones as a Illuminae member.

~~~
The girl with mismatched eyes POV

It's No one.

No One is the Crown Prince of Syldra.

Holy shit.

I wonder if he recognises me.

"Welcome, honoured guests." The king calls. "I am King Caerson. This is Saedii." He gestures to the woman. "And this is Kallis." He says with a reluctant sneer, pointing the No One.

Obviously he doesn't like No One much. That's okay, I don't either.

King James steps forward and looks the Elven King in the eyes.
"I am King James. This is Lila, the Crown Princes Betrothed." He says, pointing to Lila, who looks like she's gonna cry.
"And this;" He points to me "Is our high Mage, Aurora Jie Lin O'Malley."

No Ones face flashes on recognition for a split second, and then washes back to a calm, unreadable face.

King Caerson laughs. "Humans can't do magic!"

"Wanna bet?" I tell him, and make all the flowers in the throne room bloom and wither. I keep three alive, though, and they twist into a flower crown that I wear on my head.

"Jie Lin..." Kallis whispers.

"Impressive, Human." The King says. "I haven't seen one of your kind to wield magic, let alone someone as powerful as you."

I tilt my head at him, knocking my flower crown askew.

Kallis and I make eye contact, and I ask him the silent question that has been burning in my mind for fifteen years.

Do you remember me like I remember you?

I didn't want to leave you.

It's just that they caught me.

I'm sorry.

"Now, go get ready, there will be a feast and music to celebrate!" The king calls, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The Elven guards escort us to our rooms, splitting off into three groups.

Lila and I would be sharing a room, but after she gets to know Kallis, she will share a room with him, and I'll have it to myself.

Shame I won't be here long enough to enjoy it though. I'll be out with the Illuminae group, far from Shadowy Courts and painful pasts.

I just needed time to escape.

That was the whole reason for me coming on this trip, really. The humans don't know the palace like I do, and they wouldn't dare ask the elves for help.

And, by the time they realise I'm missing, I'll be far, far away.

Lila and I pull on our dresses, and get ready.

I'm wearing a crimson, floor length dress with a sweetheart top. It's cut low enough in the back to show off the huge scars there. I leave my hair out, and pin it back to show off my brown and white eyes.

Lila wears a ice blue dress with straps, her dark hair pulled into a bun.

"Do you want to marry him?" I ask Lila, handing her a dagger that she would keep under her dress.

"I mean, he's hot, but no." She replies, fastening the dagger to her leg.

I grab another dagger and fasten it underneath my crimson skirts.

"He looks at you like he recognises you. Do y'all have history?" She asks.

I pause before telling her the story of No One and Jie Lin.

"Holy shit. You snuck into the palace to play princesses?!" Bad. Ass." She says, admiration in her eyes.

I smile, before telling her this; "Save your wonder for when I do something amazing."

She nods. "Well then, let's show No One the wonder and delights of human girls."

She starts to head out the door, but I stop her.

"Wait- I have something for the future queen of Syldra." 

I create several golden roses, and make them into a twisting crown.

"We may be beautiful, but we still have thorns. We still fight." I say, and place it in her head.

She nods, and we head out the door, ready for old friends and new loves.

~~~

Lilas dress

Lilas dress

Auri's dress

Auri's dress.

Hope you all enjoyed!