The Little Red String

word count: 670 words

fluff...?

Starring:
Kallis Idraban Gilwraeth
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Aedra [UNKNOWN]

AU where Kal can see peoples red strings of fate that connect soulmates to each other, because of his mother being a waywalker.

~~~
Kal's POV

Ive always been able to see the little red strings that connect lifeloves to each other. But I've never cared much for it, considering I never had a little red string.
What's the word in human terms?....

Oh, yes now I remember.

Yay.

It is the day of the draft, and I am standing under the bright lights of the Aurora Legion training stadium, ready to be drafted into a squad.

I highly doubt that it would be a good squad, considering everyone in the academy hated me because I was warbreed.

After standing in the hot stadium, I hear my name called.

"Kallis Gilwraeth. Squad 312. Your Alpha is Tyler Jones."

So I'm stuck with the golden boy and his squad. This is going to be interesting.

~~~
Timeskip because I like Jazz.

I'm walking through the Aurora Legions med bays, trying to find a nurse after a fight with a dozen arrogant Terrans.

I feel my hand sting, as if it is been stung with a thousand needles. I look down and see a flickering red string coming into being.

It winds through the halls of the academy, twisting and turning until it reaches med bay 17.

I try to look inside the clouded glass window, but see nothing but the blurred figure of someone on a cot. They lay back, and with another stinging sensation, the little red string flickers out of existence.

I don't hear the wailing siren of someone in critical danger, but if I am to leave on time with Tyler Joneses squad, I must leave now. I turn and race towards the exit of the med ward, and toward my future.

If I had stayed a minute longer, I would've seen a determined Terran girl race after me in the halls of the Aurora academy.

~~~
TIMESKIP: 6 hours later.

I'm unloading med boxes on Sagan Station with the young feisty waywalker. It's not hard work, but it would be easier if she helped.

I notice she has no little red string attached to her little finger. Her lifelove is either dead or she is so insufferable that no one would dare court her.

She turns with a hiss and goes into the elevator.

Oops. I forgot that waywalkers could hear thoughts.

I go to pick up another box, and the stinging sensation is back for the third time today. The little flickering string points weakly to the inside the box.

Come to think of it, the box was unusually heavy.

I give the box a little shake, and hear a whispered curse from inside.

I "accidentally" drop the box, and with a sharp cry, the most beautiful Terran I have ever seen tumbles out.

Shes petite, with a choppy haircut around her chin with a stark white streak obscuring some of her perfectly tanned face. She had constellations on her cheeks, a burning white eye contrasted with a beautiful brown eye that you could get lost in, clutching a secondhand uniglass and clad in a Legion issue jumpsuit, staring at me.

Spirits of the void, she's beautiful.

When she realises that I'm armed, she scrambles backwards towards the longbow.

"Get the hell away from me, legolas."

I tilt my head in confusion, trying to understand what the word meant.

"My name is Kal. I do not know of this 'legolas"

She sighs. "Doesn't matter. I'm here for a reason. So if you all don't wanna get killed, get the hell out of here."

And that's when the missile alarms began.

So for the sake of originality, would you guys want a Hogwarts AU? If you do, what houses would the squad be in?

Also, Aurora Burning officially came out a couple of days ago. How was it?

I need song suggestions for the chapters. What do you guys recommend?

Stay safe!