The past always comes back.

Please recommend songs!

This one shot was inspired by....
imtiredwhatamidoing
They did a one shot last year, and I'm doing something kind of based off it, but different.

Word count: 780 words.

Angst :)

Starring:
Aurora 'Auri' Jie Lin O'Malley
Finian De Karran De Seel

~~~
Auri's POV

I need to do this.
I've avoided it too long.

I need to see my family.

I lay my head down on my pillow, and slow my breathing, like the Eshvaren taught me.

The air begins to shimmer in a thousand colours around me, making everything distorted.

This is powerful magic.

I shut my two toned eyes, and fall into a dream.

~~~

I'm in my old New York apartment that overlooks Central Park.

It's covered in the fleshy, tear shaped leaves of the Ra'haam, and my vision is flickering. The air is choked with blue pollen.

The apartment is trashed, with all the windows broken, and I spot my dads favourite vase is shattered on the ground. The light above me is flickering, and really, it feels like a horror movie.

At least, it does when I hear my family's distorted voice calling my name.

I almost scream, because god, I missed them. I had missed my fathers cooking,
My mother's love, the sound of my sister practicing her piano in the afternoons.

But...No. I pull myself to reality, reminding myself that this is just a Dream, and that they're dead.

Gone from me forever.

I wipe away glittering tears and head towards the sound of my fathers voice, ready for whatever demon is there.

~~~

The second I step into the kitchen, three heads snap towards me, and give me a chilling smile with their dead, empty eyes.

It's Callie, Dad and Mom. It's them....but it's not. I don't like this. Somethings wrong with them. They weren't supposed to be like this.

"Mom..? Callie? Dad.....?" I choke out.

"Oh...Jie Lin...We missed you so much." My dad says, crying black tears.

"Join us, Auri. It's nice in here. Your loved. Your never alone." Callie says, getting up and walking towards me.

No. It couldn't. NO!

Just as Callie reaches out to me, I scream and snap awake.

~~~

The air stops shimmering the second I wake up, but my right eyes throbs like there's a shard of glass in it.

Ow.

It's the middle of the night, so no ones awake. I get up and go to the galley, not wanting to ever go back to sleep.

I make a cup of coffee and go out to the bridge, where I sit down next to the floor to ceiling window, watching the stars twirl in a cosmic ballet.

I'm too mentally exhausted to summon the little navy and silver dog that I made, and comes at my command. I don't even think I could lift a rock, not let alone a adorable space dog.

I rest my head against the cold metal of the zero and get lost in my thoughts.

How did the Ra'haam get into my mind?
I need stronger mental defenses. I'm not gonna defeat the Ra'haam if they make me fall at my feet with two sentences.
I need to be stronger.

I didn't notice Fin until he was sitting across from me, watching the stars.

"Auri, you okay? Kal didn't dump you?" He asks, his voice gentle. I had never seen gentle Fin before. It was nice.

"I....I tried to contact my family. I didn't work. The Ra'haam was there." I sigh, my head down.

"Oh..." He pauses "Do you want me to get Kal?"

"Oh, god, no. He wouldn't know what to do, and I really just don't want to see him right now." I reply.

"I don't know what to do either?!" He cries.

I let out a weak, watery laugh, glad that he's trying.
"It's okay, Fin. I don't either."

He squeezes my shoulder, smiling gently. "Your probably the bravest person I know Auri. You will get through this."

I smile at him, "When did you get all wise and mushy?"

"Us outcasts gotta stick together. From now on, I'm your big brother." He reassures.

"Oh gods....Kal better watch out. An angry Fin is not to be messed with." I laugh.

"Maker, no. I'm scary!" He laughs, "You better watch out, pixieboy! I'm coming for your bones!"

I laugh, and I realise, I'm better. I'm stronger with my family. The monsters of the Ra'haam aren't my family, squad 312 is.

I'm stronger than my demons.
Because
I
Have
Family.

~~~

Oooooh, special!
Anyway, I have shoutouts! Yay!
Celticscarf
RainbowTiger311
betraskansoftserve
scoopy_gang
Humble-Pansexual
@
Thank you guys, for your funny comments and your votes!
You guys make my day!
Thank you, really.