Chapter Twenty-Six

Annabelle and Harry were at the store, again. Harry needed to go, and asked Annabelle to come with him. She agreed; it's not like she had anything better to do.

"Mum wants me to make dinner tonight." Harry said as he grabbed a little basket and Annabelle reach over to take it from his hands. She wanted to hold the basket. Harry let out a small laugh, not really sure why she took the basket, but he just went along with it. "Would you maybe, um, want to like, come over and help me?" Annabelle's face brightened up even more and she looked at him. She loves to cook. "I mean, you're a girl and probably know how to cook and I could really use the help-" Annabelle nodded quickly, her bangs bouncing. She was so excited to be able to go somewhere besides her house, and do something fun and productive, with Harry. Harry grinned, "Okay, okay," he started laughing at how excited she was, it wasn't even a big deal. He was just so happy. "What should we make?" Annabelle immediately took off running, leaving Harry totally stunned and confused, and also giggling and he ran after her.

"Where are you going?" He shouted, making a few people look in his direction. He didn't notice, he just kept running until he finally turned a corner and saw Annabelle grabbing things from a shelf. She was slightly out of breath, as was Harry, and her cheeks were red. Maybe it was from running, maybe it was from all of the stares people gave her, maybe it was from running in front of Harry.

He started looking through the basket, seeing pizza sauce, cheese, and ingredients to make dough. "Pizza." He said, looking at her with some weird look that was humorous, Annabelle thought it was adorable. She nodded, her arms tired. She didn't have any strength, really. Just carrying the small basket full of random items made her arms hurt. So she grabbed Harry's hand, putting the straps of the basket in his palm. She wanted to hold his hand, but there was no way she would make the first move.

Harry carried the basket as they walked back to the cash registers, Harry paying of course, while Annabelle danced in little circles like a child. Harry glanced at her, and had to do a double take. She was so stupid, so silly. He loved it. He giggled, taking the bag of groceries and grabbing Annabelle's hand, making her cease from twirling. She was dizzy.

"Come on, ballerina." She smiled, finding his joke funny, but she was so dizzy. She held Harry's hand tightly, leaning her head on his arm while they walked to his car.

*

"Hey- Hey!" Harry shouted, laughing, and threw flour at Annabelle. She started it.

She continued pelting Harry with handfuls of flour, and even sauce at one point, but he had done the same thing. He threw sauce at her shirt, then cheese, then flour. She scooped out a handful of flour, just about to throw it, but Harry reach over and held her wrist, smushing some flour on the side of her neck. She tried throwing the flour in her hand, but it didn't get any distance. It fell right to the floor, making Harry laugh, thinking he was winning.

Annabelle took a step back, but ended up stepping in sauce, making her start to fall backwards. Harry still had a hold on her wrist, but he wasn't paying attention, so they both fell down. They were giggling, looking into each other's eyes. Harry let go of Annabelle's wrist, and held himself up right above her. She was enjoying being so close to him. He was enjoying seeing her eyes so up close.

Their first kiss was on the floor of Harry's kitchen.