Chapter Nine

Annabelle will never forget last week, the first time she been so close to Harry. It was an amazing feeling, being in his arms. Being in anyone's arms would probably feel amazing, considering no one has shown her any true affection in a long time, but at the same time, she could tell that Harry didn't care whether she talked or not. Harry didn't mind that she was communicating without words.

Now that she comes to think about it, she thinks it'd be safe to say that she really would love to just be Harry's girl, but she wouldn't all at the same time. Annabelle wants to be hugged by him, she wants him to talk to me her all of the time. Heck, he wouldn't even have to talk and she still would want to be near him, but boy, does he talk a lot. He smells nice too, just putting that out there.

You'd think he would smell like a man or minty, but no, he smells like fruit- which is a big plot-twist that Annabelle is in love with. Fruit, who would have thought? So she decided, hey, why not go to the store and walk around, hoping he'll somehow, magically find her? Then, maybe he'll want to hang out with her.

As friends, of course.

So she got dressed in black skinny jeans and a white tank-top that had - don't judge her - a picture of Elvis. Yes, Elvis Presley.

She straightened her hair and let it fall down to her elbows. Her hair is so thick and long, it takes an hour and a half just to straighten. Man, it took her three darn years to grow her hair out this long and she loves it.

After she sprayed on a bit of perfume, she was ready to go.

Just to refresh your memory, she is from America, she is southern... If she were to talk, it would plainly show, but oh well.

Annabelle misses her old home pretty often. She had a horse, her name was Belle. She wanted to name her after the princess Belle, and after herself, so that's what the horse got as a name. Belle. Annabelle misses her like crazy, and she has no idea how or where she is now. It saddens her. Annabelle's parents wouldn't let her bring Belle here, and wouldn't get her a new horse for my birthday. Not like any new horse could just replace Belle, though.

Annabelle shook her head to clear the old memories and continued walking down the sidewalk. No need to sulk, right?

She put one headphone in her ear and listened to music, many kind of it, as she walked. Paramore, All Time Low, Demi Lovato, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran, Thousand Foot Krutch, Elvis, even Carrie Underwood, and so many more. Her music taste is awesome, but also kind of random. She'll listen to about anything, except heavy metal and screamo. Oh no, she cannot take the screamo. She loves the heavier music, but also the simple, happy-sounding music, like Francesca Battestelli.

It was funny, because Annabelle often dressed as if she were so punk and hardcore, but her personality was really girly and sweet. She found everything funny in some way. Yeah, she was often sad, but she always saw a bright side in everything.

She arrived at the store and wondered around. They had like, everything at that store. She wondered around the food, the clothes, even the hardware section. But Harry never came along. Maybe he is busy today. Maybe he doesn't want to see her.

Or maybe he doesn't stalk you, or spend all of his time waiting for you at this dumb store, you idiot.

Annabelle frowned and did one more lap around the store, just in case, but no Harry. She doesn't have his number, so there's no way of contacting him. Even if she did have his number, she wouldn't text him first. Nuh-uh.

She decided to leave, there's nothing for her here at the moment, especially if Harry isn't here.

As she walked out of the door, a hand grabbed her wrist. She turned around, expecting it to be Harry.

"Annabelle." She saw a girl from school, the same one she ran into a few weeks ago. Remember her? Annabelle couldn't remember her name. She had blocked out a lot of her high school years. Stephanie? No. Susie? No. Sydney? No. Sandy! That's it, Sandy.

"What's up?" Sandy asked. Annabelle shrugged. Why does she keep talking to Annabelle? The only thing she ever did in school was ignore Annabelle and 'secretly' talk about her, and not in a good way. "Well, I just wanted to tell you, you look very pretty today." Sandy smirked.

Annabelle is in no way taking her words as a compliment. Sandy is probably trying to be sarcastic and-

"Yes, she does, doesn't she?" Annabelle recognises that as Harry's voice. She smiled, turning around to see him standing there.

Sandy grinned and batted her eyes. "And how do I look?" She asked. Wow, someone is thirsty.

"Stunning." Harry replied.

"Thank you," She said. "You don't look too bad yourself."

"Thank you."

After that, they started conversing, like asking for each other's names, even numbers, and yes, Annabelle was jealous. Harry hadn't ever asked Annabelle for her number.

Let me just leave you two alone to flirt, shall I?

Annabelle inwardly scoffed and walked away, leaving them to do whatever they wanted to. Coming to the store was a stupid idea. Sandy is pretty. Annabelle was stupid to think Harry might actually go for her.

This is exactly why Annabelle refuses to let herself develop feelings for Harry. She will just end up being the one who regretted everything, being the hurt one. She won't let it happen.

Sandy has belly-button length blonde hair. She is tall and skinny, even has big boobs, and is just pretty. She can go over the top with her makeup and clothes, sometimes, but she is pretty.

Annabelle has none of those qualities. She only 5'4", curvy, her thighs rub together, and she doesn't have big boobs.

Annabelle loves long hair, but her, being the smart person she is (that was sarcasm), had cut most of it off three years ago, so now it's only about elbow length. She likes how long it is, but she would like it to be longer. Wow, Annabelle complains a lot.

Back to the point. Harry wouldn't go for a girl like Annabelle, so she should just stop trying to impress him and get over herself.

Yes, okay, she admits it, she has been trying to impress him by making sure her hair is fixed, or putting a little bit more effort into her outfit, and making sure she smells nice, but she is not going to do those things any longer.

Annabelle grinned, pulling her nice and straightened hair up into the messiest ponytail she could, then untucked her shirt from her pants and let it hang long and loose. Ha.

"Hey, Annabelle!" Harry called. Oh man.

Annabelle kept walking, pretending she didn't hear him. She doesn't want to hear him, or see him.

"Annabelle!" He shouted again. She could hear his feet hitting the pavement, and he quickly caught up to her, spinning her around. "Look, you may not talk, but I know you can hear perfectly fine." He said, catching his breath.

She stared blankly at him. Why should she try to be nice if he isn't? Why should she try to spend time with him if he wants to just flirt with other girls? Not that she wants him to flirt with her... She just gets kind of jealous. She just want to hang out with him.

"Okay. Um," Harry scratched the top of his head while looking around. "Come with me." He said, and took her hand, entwining their fingers, and boy, did that feel awesome. Annabelle has never held anyone's hand before.

She smiled, her mood instantly changing, and followed him. She totally forgot about him being snappy just now, and her deal to herself.

They soon ended up at his car. He opened the door for her, then ran around and got into the driver's seat. Once he started driving, his hand reach out and grabbed hers, and entwined their fingers again.

"Sit back, and enjoy the ride." He said, turning up the music and relaxing a bit in his seat. Annabelle couldn't keep her eyes off of their hands. They fit together perfectly, hers just small enough to fit into his hand. For once, she liked the way her hands looked. She liked the way that her very pale skin was a total opposite from his tanned skin. She loved the way her hands were so much smaller.

This is not something that just friends do.