Chapter Thirty-Three

Halfway through the plane ride, Gemma got up to use the bathroom. Annabelle starred out of the small window, resting her head on the wall. She was getting sleepy, but was perfectly contempt with staying awake so she could watch the clouds and sky during the trip to America.

She felt someone sit down beside her, but she kept her eyes focused on the sky underneath the plane, not wanting to see Gemma and face the awkwardness. Her eyes widened as a warm hand took her cold one, entwining their fingers. Annabelle knew it was Harry as soon as he touched her, feeling the familiar tingles and warmth. She moved her head to look at their hands, then quickly looking around for her parents.

"They're asleep," Harry said quietly, bringing their hands close to her face and using his pointer finger to turn her chin, bringing his lips closer to hers. Annabelle's heart was ready to explode from this large amount of affection that she wasn't used to, and would probably never be used to. His lips gently pressed against Annabelle's top lip that was naturally a dark pink and thick just like her bottom lip. She felt her stomach going crazy. He felt his lips getting warm and tingly, as were his hands.

Gemma stood beside Harry's seat and cleared her throat, making Annabelle pull away from his lips. Harry slowly turned his head, hoping for Annabelle's sake that it wasn't Julie or Dave. When he saw it was Gemma, he rolled his eyes.

"Go sit beside mum." He said in a tired voice. All he wanted to do was cuddle up to Annabelle and fall asleep for the rest of the plane ride. Gemma rolled her eyes, and sat behind Harry, making sure to slap the top of his head as she sat down.

Annabelle's large eyes were focused on the window and the clouds again. Harry pushed the armrests between them up so he could pull her closer. She leaned her head on his shoulder and took her phone out, offering Harry a headphone and putting one in her ear. She turned on her favorite playlist, the first song being Ever After by Marianas Trench. Harry had never heard the song before, but as he listened to the words, all his mind could think about was Annabelle and how much he liked her and her cute little hands that were, for a reason he didn't know, always cold, her beautiful lips and adorable large eyes, her long dark hair and bangs that covered her forehead. He loved her laugh and giggles that he wished he could hear more often, her wide smile that she only had when she was around him. He loved all of her insecurities that she always tried to hide from everyone. He loved the fact that she was shy and the fact that he somehow managed to push through her walls and become her best friend and boyfriend. Harry knew he was falling in love with Annabelle quicker than he could have imagined. It scared him a little bit. Harry wasn't the type of guy to get scared of anything, not anymore, but this definitely scared him and he finally knew how Annabelle had been feeling this whole time, her whole life.

Harry held Annabelle in his arms, listening to music with her until they both fell asleep, dreaming about each other and America.

When the plane landed, Julie and Anne were the first to stand up, stretching their legs and backs.

"Aww, would you look at that!" Julie whispered, pointing to Harry and Annabelle. "They're cuddling," Julie giggled at how Harry held her tightly and her head rested on his shoulder, his head on top of hers. Anne smiled, wanting to take a picture to show the whole world that her baby boy had finally gotten a girlfriend that she approved of. "Dave, look how cute," Julie nudged Dave's side and pointed to the cuddling couple. Dave slightly smiled, but was highly upset on the inside. What boy in his right mind would have the guts to put his hands on Dave's daughter? "I'm so glad she finally found a friend." Julie whispered to Anne. Anne kept her mouth shut, just smiling and going along with Julie.

"Wake up!" Gemma hit Harry's head as she yawned, making Harry quickly sit up, which woke Annabelle up.

"What'd you do that for?" Harry rubbed his head with one hand and used the other to reach back and slap Gemma on the head. Gemma laughed and looked down at Annabelle who was rubbing her eyes and standing up.

"Aww, we woke up sleeping beauty," Gemma coo'ed. Harry grinned as Annabelle looked up at Gemma with confusion and sleepiness written all over her face.