Chapter 87

"I'm glad you decided to stay for dinner." Anne says with a smile, so glad he chose to come around for the first time in weeks. Though he was finally feeling better from his previous illness, he hadn't spoken much to anyone except Annabelle.

"I'm just here for Gemma right now, mum." Harry softly spoke, watching her smile falter.

"I understand, I just-" Anne's words halted as Annabelle and Gemma walked into the kitchen, both of them laughing. Harry couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Gemma's stomach, even though she hardly had a bump to show.

The girls took the dirty plates from the table and sat them in the sink, Annabelle washing and Gemma drying. Harry had to admit, he enjoyed seeing his sister and his girlfriend becoming good friends.

"Could I talk to you," Anne spoke lightly, glancing at the girls, "Um, in private." Harry looked at Annabelle and watched as her lips turned up into a grin when Gemma began to sing obnoxiously. He nodded.

So Anne took him into the living room and tried to keep her words light and soft as she explained to Harry that she had met someone.

"You want me to meet him?" Harry interrupted when Anne mentioned having everyone over for dinner next weekend.

"Yes, Harry, I want you to meet her." A sound of glass shattering came from behind them, both of them turning around to see Gemma standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room.

"Mum?" Gemma asked with tears in her eyes. Anne's lips parted, not knowing what to say. She planned on telling Gemma when she told Annabelle- later. Not yet. Harry deserved to hear something first for once, and she knew he would be supportive.

"I-" Anne shook her head, and suddenly it all made sense to Harry. He understood why his mother had been so secretive and distant, but now she wanted to make amends with her son and he couldn't want anything more than for his mother to be happy.

"I'd love to meet her." Harry gently smiled and pulled Anne into his arms, holding her tightly. Gemma scurried over to them, joining the hug.

Harry looked up, seeing Annabelle smiling and watching the little family share hugs and tears. She couldn't fathom how happy she felt for them. The entire atmosphere had changed, from a dreary to a lighter and positive one.

Annabelle's eyes connected with Harry's watery green eyes and she felt like running up to him and hugging him, but she stood still and let the family have their moment, not wanting to intrude.

"Baby," Harry signaled for Annabelle to join them. She slowly approached him, her hands behind her back in a shy manner. He leaned down, whispering in her ear that she were just as much a part of this family as anyone else, making her grin and kiss his cheek, an unfamiliar feeling to both of them.