Chapter Nineteen

To: Harry
hey, how are you?

As always, it only took moments for him to reply.

From: Harry
Hi, Annabelle. I'm good, how are you?

She almost smiled, but made herself keep a straight face. She can't let him have this kind of effect on her.

To: Harry
i'm okay. :) what are you up to?

From: Harry
Would you like to hang out today?

Annabelle bit her lip, not knowing what she should say.

To: Harry
i don't know, aren't you busy with your girlfriend? wouldn't she be angry at you for hanging out with another girl?

The second Annabelle sent that message, she regretted it so badly. What if he thinks she came off as rude? What if she came off as clingy or weird?

From: Harry
Huh? I don't have a girlfriend. Where did that come from?

Annabelle sighed, for many reasons. One: he is single, which means she is not in the way of any relationship. Two: he is single, he can hang out with her. Three: she free to hold hands with him. Four: she was, once again, wrong and just stupid. Then the one question that has haunted her for a while now; who gave him the lipstick stains on his neck that night?

To: Harry
it doesn't matter, i'm sorry for assuming.

From: Harry
Want to hang out?

To: Harry
maybe another day. something important just came up

Annabelle closed out the messaging app and put her phone on the dresser. Her phone buzzed three times within the next ten minutes. Surely Harry isn't spamming her. She sighed, again, and picked up her phone. Harry had sent two messages.

From: Harry
Oh come onnn, Annabelle.

From: Harry
Okay, I guess ignoring me is your nicest way of saying no. I'll text you another day to make plans.

She decided not to reply, and checked for any other messages. There was one, from an unknown number, which was strange and had never happened before.

From: unknown
I know what you're doing. Stay away from Harry, you bitch. He doesn't like you anyways, fat whore.

Annabelle almost started crying. Almost. Who would send such a horrible message? Whoever sent this has to have some type of relationship with Harry.

Thoughts were racing through Annabelle's mind. Either Harry lied to her and does have a girlfriend, or he has been hooking up with someone and she has become jealous.

Who, though? Does Harry really seem like the type of guy that hooks up with girls? He kind of did at first, then Annabelle got to know him better and found out that he is such a gentlemen.

Maybe it's all an act. Maybe everything Harry has ever told Annabelle is a lie. Oh goodness.

Annabelle shook her head, deleting all of her messages with Harry. She then laid down on her bed, trying to erase all memory of him. She can't let herself get hurt anymore, she can't let herself stress and constantly wonder about Harry's life. She needs to focus on her own life right now.

Okay, get over Harry. It's easy, just forget everything you like about him. Picture him as an ugly, creepy, old man. Yeah, picture him in ugly outfits and bald. That'll help.