Chapter Sixteen

"How about this?" Gemma asked, holding up Harry's white button-up shirt. He shook his head.

"Gem, I'm taking her on a small, casual date, not prom." She rolled her eyes.

"You have to impress her, Harry!" She squeezed the shirt in her fingers, letting her arms go limp.

"I will, trust me. She'll have fun and never want to leave my side after this date. I'll totally reel her in." Harry grinned, grabbing a Rolling Stones t-shirt.

"Like a fish?" Gemma smiled, tossing the dress shirt at him. He caught it.

"Like a fish." He said, spraying a bit of cologne on, and sliding on his brown boots. "Done." He shrugged, turning in a circle for Gemma.

"Something is missing..." She put her pointer finger on her chin, leaning her shoulder against the white door frame.

Harry looked around the room, trying to find something he could put on. After a silent few seconds, "Ah." Gemma whispered, walking over to his dresser. "Here." She handed him two rings. He slid the gold one on his right middle finger, and a silver one on his right pointer finger.

"Now can I go?" Harry asked impatiently. He just wants to see Annabelle already.

"Okay-" Harry ran out of the door. "Hey! Remember your manners!" Gemma shouted right before he opened the front door. "Use prote-" the door slammed shut, and he got into his car.

Annabelle laid on her bed, her back facing the door, while slightly cuddling her teddy bear- don't ask. Paramore blasted through her yellow earbuds. Her fingers lightly tapped along to the beat while her eyes were closed.

No matter what she did, no matter what song she listened to, no matter how hard she tried not to, all of her thoughts and daydreams revolved around one person. She just couldn't help it. Replaying memories in her mind, and imagining being able to make new ones. It's not that she doesn't like it. She hates it, but she loves it. She loves thinking about him and his voice, yet she hates the fact that he is successfully casting her under his spell. They are only friends, and she doesn't- no she wants to, but she doesn't need to fall for him in any romantic way. It would ruin everything, and like she has said plenty of times before, she'd be the one who ends up-

"Annabelle!" Her mother ripped her earbud from her left ear, causing her to shoot her mother a confused and annoyed look. She sat up, taking the other earbud out as well. "Get up, get up!" She pulled Annabelle off of the bed and started going through her drawers.

?

Annabelle pulled at her mother's arm, making her face her.

"Oh, right. Okay, see," she smiled. "Harry is at the door, he wants to take you out on a date!" She squealed, acting as if she was a teenager again. Of course, Annabelle couldn't help but let a large smile break free.

"Here, put this on, brush your hair, just hurry!" She threw a purple blouse at Annabelle and ran out of the door. Annabelle shook her head, holding out the horrid, silky material and letting it fall to the floor. What she was already wearing was fine- black skinny jeans and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. She slid on her black Converse and ran downstairs. Her hair was fine...

Harry stood awkwardly at the door. He looked so beautiful. He smiled when he saw Annabelle. She looked down to hide her silly grin. He took a step towards her, and she realised... They were wearing the same shirt. Only, his is white and hers is black. He also noticed, and he quietly laughed as her smile got bigger.

I can go change it.

She pointed towards the stairs, taking a step back, but his hand caught hers.