Chapter Twenty-Nine

Being hugged by Harry was like being hugged by a big strong and fluffy bear, the kind of hug that anyone would die for. Annabelle liked hugging Harry. Being hugged by Annabelle was like when you would hold a baby, and the baby would lean their head on you and just let you cuddle it for as long as you wanted, and gave you that amazing feeling of love and happiness. Harry liked hugging Annabelle.

Annabelle pulled away from Harry, looking up at his eyes. He smiled, moving his hands to her waste. She smiled back at Harry, then pulled away from his gentle grasp and headed closer to the little tent. She crawled inside and looked up, seeing there was just enough room to sit on her knees without hitting the top. It was a different story for Harry, he could only sit "criss-cross-applesauce," as Annabelle would call it (in her head, of course).

The sun was now hardly able to be seen and the little fairy lights lit up the tent and a small area around it. Annabelle turned on the laptop, choosing the movie Peter Pan (duh). Harry put the movie in for her, and they began watching it. It was the version with real people from 2003, not the cartoon, but it was okay, Annabelle loved both versions of the movie.

Harry pulled Annabelle closer to him as the movie started so she was sitting in between his legs. He wrapped his arms around her body, holding her hands. She didn't know how to feel about being so close and personal and romantic, but she definitely couldn't ignore the sparks of excitement and adoration flowing through her body.

Half way through the movie, they were both getting tired and laid down beside each other, Harry still holding one of her hands loosely.

This was Annabelle's favorite part of the movie, when Peter and Wendy danced with the fairies as the fairies played music and danced around them. Harry paused the movie. Annabelle's mouth opened, wanting to make him play it and stop interrupting her favorite scene.

"I'm tired of playing the waiting game, Annabelle." Harry said, leaning on his elbow and facing her as she did the same. She was confused. Her big hazel eyes looked up at Harry, making him weak. "I mean," he sighed, "I can't keep sitting around while you are all alone and sad, and-" he shook his head, not knowing where he was going with this. "I want us to be together- like actually together. Not just going on dates every now and then and holding hands. I want to do those things and be together."

Annabelle looked down at the small space between them, trying to soak in his words and grasp his point, which she wasn't sure what his point was exactly.

"I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want and tell all those guys who stare at you when you're not looking to back off, because you and I are together and are happy together." Annabelle wanted to run away again, and she couldn't help but close her eyes for a moment to think about running away from this intense situation. Of course she wanted to be with Harry, in an actual relationship and not just play the little games they play. She just couldn't handle the pressure. She got up, quickly getting out of the tent and walking away in the empty space of the field.

It was too soon, right? They'd only known each other for about two months, it's too soon, isn't it? Annabelle questioned herself over and over again, pulling at the ends of her dark hair.

"Stop running away from everything!" Harry shouted as Annabelle stopped in her tracks. She turned around, a hurt and sad look on her face. Harry came closer to her, but not close enough. "Every time I try to take a step further, you take a step backwards! Stop it! Don't you want to be together?" Harry was even more hurt than her, if that was possible. She knew she was the one causing his sadness right now. She wanted to slap herself for being so stupid and mean. Harry sighed.

"If you don't want to be with me, all you have to do is let me know, Annabelle. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do like everyone else tries to do, okay?" Annabelle started to smile, even though Harry hadn't said anything funny. She was smiling because finally, finally someone understood. Finally someone wanted to treat her like a real person and not a child, not like charity or pity her. She stepped closer to Harry, nodding. Harry's face showed confusion. "What?" He mumbled. She nodded again.

"You want to be with me?" She nodded. Harry slowly put his hands on her cheeks and took in the moment. This moment could change his life forever for all he knows. Harry kissed Annabelle slowly and sweetly, just like before, only this time it meant much more. He gently pulled away, and chuckled. "So does this mean I'm your boyfriend, and you're my girlfriend, and we're together?" Gosh, he was such a child. Annabelle laughed and nodded. Let's just say, she didn't mind him interrupting her favorite scene anymore.

Speak |h.s. a.u.|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara