Chapter 56

Trigger warning.

I hate you.

Harry read the words over and over as he sat in his car in his driveway, punching the steering wheel a couple of times. He shoved the note back into his pocket, slamming all of the doors that lead from his car to his room. He paced around his room, punching the wall beside his bed, his knuckles burning. He didn't care, all he could think about was the crying girl he had hurt so badly. He couldn't believe he said all of those things to her, he couldn't believe he had actually laid his hands on her in a hurtful manner. All he wanted to do was punch himself in the face, but he punched the walls instead, creating a few cracks and a few holes beside his bed.

"Harry!" Anne threw the door open, seeing the furious boy in front of her. "Don't you dare hit that wall one more time." She said, her finger pointed at him, her voice stern. Harry's breathing was deep, trying to calm down in front of his mother. "You're acting just like your father, and I will not accept that behavior from you." Anne shook her head, a deep frown on her face.

Harry realized how much he was acting like his dad, more regret filling his body. "I'm sorry, mum." Harry spoke quietly, looking down at the floor.

"What the hell did you do, Harry? You haven't acted up like this in years." Anne moved closer to her son, reaching out to hold his upper arm.

"Nothing." He huffed, moving to look out of the window and keep his gaze away from his poor mother.

"You did something, don't you lie to me. Where's Annabelle, Harry? Did you act that way around her?" Anne was scared to hear the answer, knowing he probably scared the girl off.

"Nothing happened." Harry grumbled, crossing his arms and turning around.

"Harry Edward, if you laid a hand on that poor girl-"

"I didn't do anything!" Harry shouted, his hands falling down to his sides. Anne shook her head, disappointment in her eyes.

"Get yourself together. You will not act like this in my house ever again." Anne exited the room, slamming his door shut and walking downstairs to call Gemma. Gemma was the only other person who knew how to handle Harry when he acted this way.

"What did he do? He hasn't gone off the rails like that in so long." Gemma sighed, sitting on the bed in her dorm room.

"I don't know, Gemma. He won't tell me anything, and I have no idea what's happened to Annabelle."

"What does Annabelle have anything to do with it?"

"He took her to London, they were supposed to come home today, but not until this evening. I don't know what he did, or what she did, but he's not acting right."

"Maybe I should come home early, mum." Gemma suggested. "I'll only miss a day of classes. You don't need to be alone with him when he's like this."

"No, no. Stay at school, I can handle him. I got good at handling your father when he acted like that, I'm sure I can handle my son." Anne had her elbow on her knee, her head in her hand.

"Right," Gemma's voice was soft as she remembered how her father would act when his temper boiled over. "I'll be home tomorrow, okay? Just let him simmer down until I get there." Anne agreed, ending the phone call when she heard glasses shattering.

"Bloody hell, just come home now, Gem. I have to go." Anne hung up, throwing her phone on the couch as she ran back upstairs.

Gemma hurried home, arriving in an hour when it usually took her an hour and a half to get home. When she entered, she heard shouting coming from upstairs. She rushed to Harry's room as quickly as possible, swinging his door open.