Chapter Twenty-Five

Harry grinned as he looked at Annabelle from across the table. Him, his mom, and sister were having lunch at their house with Annabelle and her parents. Anne had put a piece of meat on Annabelle's plate, not remembering that Annabelle is a vegetarian. Annabelle looked like she was going to cry, and throw up. Harry couldn't help but giggle. She looked up at Harry, who was sitting across from her, and gave a look, asking him for help.

"Hey, mum..." Harry grinned ever bigger, not taking his eyes away from Annabelle's. She started grinning.

"Yes?" She asked, grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"Annabelle doesn't eat meat." Harry said, then Anne remembered, and her eyes widened. Annabelle blushed, thinking maybe she was causing trouble.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry, love!" Anne rushed to get Annabelle a clean plate, and took the one with meat away. Anne felt bad for embarrassing Annabelle. Harry thought it was hilarious, and adorable.

After lunch was over, Harry took Annabelle's hand, leading her to the front door. She stopped, trying her hide her smile.

"I'm just taking you out for a while. They can stay and clean up." Harry then dragged Annabelle to his car, and as soon as she buckled up, Harry started driving.

"Annabelle, okay, so I went to my cousins house yesterday," Harry turned the radio down, and was beaming at Annabelle. He decided to talk to her and try to make her laugh, and have a great time. Annabelle turned towards him. "I was trying to beat my cousin in an arm wrestle - I won, by the way - but I ended up popping his shoulder out of place!" Annabelle gasped, true worry striking her features. "Oh, he's okay, don't worry, but anyway I had to take him into his bedroom and help him pop it back into place. He was too embarrassed to let anyone know I beat him- an injured him in the process." Annabelle started giggling, imagining Harry and some random kid trying to go through all of these things unnoticed.

Harry continued telling dumb stories, just trying to get a laugh out of Annabelle. They soon arrived at their little place, with the pear tree. They hadn't been in a while.

Annabelle got out of the car, running towards the tree. "Hey! Wait up!" Harry shouted, running behind her, both of them laughing. He soon caught up to her, and grabbed her, which ended in them both falling to the ground. Harry was on top of her, their faces so close. Now was his chance to kiss her. He was tired of waiting, and he was beginning to think Annabelle was ready. So he looked into her eyes, smiling, her doing the exact same. Harry rested his forehead on hers, their noses rubbing together. Annabelle wanted to kiss him, and she wasn't even nervous- okay, maybe she was a little... Or a lot. Her stomach started going crazy, her cheeks turning red. Harry leaned down, and right before his lips met hers, she rolled over, making him fall to the ground. The ground was lucky enough to get a kiss from Harry.

Annabelle started laughing so hard, she couldn't breath. Her hand held her stomach, the other covering her face. Harry wanted to be angry, he wanted to be embarrassed, but he just couldn't be. He knew it was a good hearted joke, and he laughed along. He was mesmerized by Annabelle, and how happy she was, and how loud she was giggling and laughing, and how red her cheeks where, and how her laugh sounded so beautiful, and how everything about her was so beautiful.

"Okay, you wanna play that game," Harry took Annabelle's wrists into his hands, holding them beside her head. "We'll play that game." He stood up, throwing her little body over his shoulder. She lightly screeched, still laughing her butt off. She just couldn't stop, she didn't understand why.

Harry had somehow managed to get them both down to the sandy area near the lake, stream, creek thing, without hurting her or himself, for once. He tossed her in the water, even though she was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. She didn't care, she was having fun, and that's all that mattered. She came out of the water, still laughing, and ran to the shore. She opened her arms, offering Harry a hug. He wanted to accept the offer, but she was soaking wet, so he had to pretend not to want it.

"No thanks!" He said, backing up, but he ran into the wall. So she wrapped her arms around his torso, her laughs calming down. She held onto him, just wanting to be in his arms. Their relationship was something, but neither of them really thought too much about it. They liked each other, that's all they knew.

Harry held her for a few moments, until she dragged him into the water with her. Well, she pulled at his wrist, and he pretended she was strong enough to force him into the water. He loved satisfying her and making her happy.

He threw his wet shirt onto the shore, but kept his jeans on, and Annabelle did the opposite. She refused to let anyone see her naked, or half naked, or even a little bit naked, but she just didn't care right now. She was having fun. She was underwater. Her t-shirt was really long. She knew Harry would be respectful. So she let it happen and they began splashing, laughing, giggling, and wrestling. They liked each other, a lot. That's all they could focus on.