Chapter Fifty-One

hide your eyes, children. this chapter is the first of (few) steamy moments.

              Harry and Annabelle sat on the ferris wheel, his arm over her shoulder and her head on his shoulder. He kissed her head, whispering how beautiful she was. The sky was beginning to get dark, pink and orange swirls everywhere. When they were stopped at the top of the ferris wheel, Harry made her look up so he could kiss her upside down, his hand sliding down to her hips. She moved back to sitting beside him, holding his hand when the ride began to move again, slowly taking them back down to the ground.

The air was colder than before, and Annabelle leaned into Harry's chest as they walked back to their hotel room. Harry talked about the last time he visited this place, reminiscing about the past.

"My dad and I made fun of Gemma for wearing a huge coat when it wasn't even that cold." Harry's small smile was slightly sad. "Then mum hit us on the head and made us sit on the bench while they went into shops."

Annabelle couldn't help but wonder what happened to Harry's father, she wanted to ask him, but she wasn't sure if he would want to talk about it. He'd never mentioned anything about his dad until now, and it made Annabelle a bit too curious.

When they were back in the hotel, Annabelle hugged him from behind when he was looking out of the balcony door. She squeezed his body, feeling his muscles under his shirt. She just wanted to feel him close to her and comfort him, he seemed upset since he talked about his past, and she understood. She understood how it felt to be hurt from things that have happened a long time ago, and she hated it. She didn't let go of him until he told her he wanted to go shower, turning around to kiss her lips gently before scurrying off to the bathroom that had a small shower and a large bathtub.

Annabelle had showered this morning, so she changed into a t-shirt Harry left on his suitcase for her that had a sports logo on the front. She brushed her hair that was straightened for once, moving it over her shoulder and sitting on the bed. She turned the television on, keeping the volume low as a cartoon played and she looked through her phone. She realized she only had one good picture of Harry, and she began to get ideas of how to cheer him up.

He walked out in just his black underwear, his long hair still damp. He laid on the bed, his hands behind his head and his eyes glued to the cartoons on t.v. He heard a small click, looking over to see Annabelle had her phone's camera aimed at him.

"What are you doing?" He asked calmly, placing a hand on her bare knee. She grinned, snapping another picture. "Stop that," he said, still seeming a bit grumpy. She took another picture and moved to lay on her stomach. She took two more, noticing he was ignoring the pictures and staying grumpy. She frowned, moving so her chest was on his. He looked at her eyes, instantly feeling calmer and happier than before, but the thoughts of his father kept barging in and ruining his good mood.

She tried kissing her nose, ruffling his hair, and taking more pictures at odd angles. He kept his lips in a tight line, not smiling or grinning like he usually did when Annabelle even looked at him. His eyes focused on the television as she got off the bed. She turned the television off and grabbed his hand, tugging him towards her. He stood up, his height much taller than hers. She stood on her tiptoes, a frown on her face as she put her arms around his shoulders. He instinctively held her waist and pulled her closer to him. She tried to kiss him, but could only reach his jaw. She sighed, placing her feet back on the ground. Harry noticed her flustered features, knowing she was too short to reach his lips when he wasn't bending down at all. He placed his hand on her cheek, tilting her head up with a grin. He loved how short she was, and how frustrated she would get when she couldn't do certain things because of it. Her frown turned into a smile, showing off her perfect teeth when she realized he was grinning. He leaned down the tiniest bit, making her stand on her tiptoes again to reach him, but she was still an inch from his lips.