Chapter Thirty-Two

Annabelle started working out an extra fifteen minutes every day, wanting to be in even more shape when they went to the beach. Obviously she wasn't going to wear a bikini in front of Harry- she was way too shy for that.

A knock on her door interrupted her packing. They were leaving in an hour, and of course she still hadn't packed. She opened the door, her mother stepping in. As she saw the clothes and random necessities scattered on Annabelle's bed, she sighed. "Why haven't you packed yet?" She grew angrier as Annabelle didn't answer and continued going through her closest to see if she wanted anything else from her closet.

"Of course you're not going to answer," her mother said under her breath. Annabelle not answering annoyed her mother, but satisfied Annabelle. She loved getting on her mother's nerves. She deserved it. "Well hurry up and pack. Anne and the kids will be here in thirty minutes." Her mother walked out, slamming the door on her way.

Annabelle picked up her phone to turn on music and seen a text from Harry.

From: Harry
Have you packed yet?

To: Harry
Nope. You?

From: Harry
Nope...

Annabelle smiled, rolling her eyes and turning on music while she finally packed. She had found an old dress, just a simple sun dress, that she had wore to the beach when she was thirteen. She used to dress up and put effort into the looking decent every day. She got lazier as she grew up, and a bit more comfortable in her skin- not too much, though.

She threw the dress in the suitcase, not thinking, and zipped the suitcase. She grabbed her phone and headphones, shoving them into her denim purse that she wore over her shoulder and across her chest, and dragged her suitcase downstairs. Anne, Harry, and Gemma had just arrived and Annabelle's parents were packing their suitcases in their small silver car.

"Hi there." Harry hugged Annabelle from behind, kissing the top of her head. Annabelle did her best to hide her smile, turning around to face Harry. She gave him a strict look. Her parents didn't know her and Harry were dating, and she really didn't want them to know right now. They would start being judgmental and aggravating. Anne knew of course, because Harry was a mama's boy and told her everything. 

Harry picked up Annabelle's suitcase and carried it to Anne's car, plopping it in the trunk.

"Oh, Annabelle!" Anne smiled, hugging her. "Are you going to ride with us?" Annabelle shrugged as if saying, "I guess... I mean, Harry did just throw all of my things into your trunk."

"This is going to be so fun!" Anne clapped cheerfully and Annabelle smiled at how cute and giddy Anne always was.

They all piled into the car, Gemma sitting in front and Anne driving. Harry sat in the back seat with Annabelle, holding her hand in his as he always made sure to do.

The radio played the latest pop songs, making Annabelle want to throw up. All of the current songs sounded too similar, all the lyrics were meaningless. So she leaned her head on Harry's shoulder, closing her eyes sleepily. It was only eight o'clock in the morning, of course she was tired.

Only a few minutes later, the car stopped and doors opened. Annabelle opened her eyes, looking around confusedly. She hadn't gone to sleep, but they were at an airport. She had no idea they were flying instead of driving. She wondered where they were flying to. How far is the beach from here? Are there even beaches in the UK? She had no idea, she was raised in America and hadn't been on vacation since she moved here.

Harry set her suitcase on the cool black pavement and she took it, following her parents into the airport.

"Here, you'll need this." Julie handed Annabelle a passport, Annabelle opening it to see it was hers. Her eyes widened and she smiled a smile Harry had only seen before. They were going back to America, and Annabelle couldn't contain her excitement. She turned around and grabbed Harry's arm, showing him the passport cover excitedly.

"I know, I know," he laughed as he pulled his out of his back pocket. She wanted to ask why he didn't tell her they were going to visit America.

They boarded the plane, all of them sitting in the back of the plane. Annabelle was sat beside Gemma, Harry beside Anne, and Annabelle's parents together. Annabelle was more than uncomfortable. She would've been willing to sit beside anyone else, even Anne or her parents. Gemma and Annabelle never really hung out or got to know each other. Gemma was always polite, but not enough to make Annabelle want to sit with her on a plane for hours on end.

"I feel bad for you, kiddo." Gemma patted Annabelle's head. Even sitting down, Gemma was taller than her. Annabelle kept a blank face (like she always did when she wasn't around Harry, but she couldn't help it. Harry had his ways of making her show emotion like no one else could). She had no idea why Gemma said that, but she almost didn't care. All she cared about was getting out of this plane- and hey, where were the snacks?