Chapter Thirty-Four

They landed in North Carolina, which happened to be place Annabelle visited a couple of times when she lived in America. Every time she went to the beach, she would see how many seashells she could collect and try to beat her record of last time. She couldn't remember her last record, which upset her. She knew she probably wouldn't be going to the beach again any time soon. Heck, she still lives at home and refuses to go to college. She'll have to find a job, but she isn't going to worry about that right now. She is going to enjoy her vacation and enjoy being with Harry.

"How are we going to split up the rooms?" Julie asked as her, Anne, and Gemma sat on the blue couch that had a small stain on a cushion. "There were supposed to be two beds in each room," Julie sighed.

"But we have a third room." Gemma said as she played with the ends of her purple hair.

"Gemma and I will take a room, and you and Dave take one." Anne said, secretly trying to find a way for him to stay with Annabelle. Harry's mom was the best mom anyone could ask for. Plus, she felt a little bit bad about Annabelle being constantly under a microscope when it came to her parents.

Annabelle pretended not to be listening to the conversation.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Dave stood up.

"Annabelle, could you give us a moment?" Julie said, shoo'ing Annabelle from the room. She rolled her eyes, going into the hallway.

"Come on, Dave. She finally has a friend!" Julie implied, trying to get a room to herself and her husband. She did kind of care about Annabelle and the fact she had a friend, but goodness, was she blind? Her only best friend is a boy who constantly flirts with her and holds her hand. Dave sighed.

"With all do respect, sir," Harry interjected. "I wouldn't do anything to make your daughter uncomfortable. I'll sleep on the couch if you prefer, I don't mind." Harry knew exactly how to win anyone over, he knew what everyone wanted to hear and he was willing to say anything to be able to spend more time with his girlfriend.

"Okay," Dave sighed again. Anne and Julie cheered, jumping up.

"Come on, the ocean is waiting!" Julie ran into her bedroom to change and the other girls ran out and down the hall to their room.

Harry exited the room, grabbing Annabelle's hand and suitcase. "Hi, roomie." Harry grinned, chastely kissing her temple and walking her to their room for the week.

"Everyone is going down to the ocean." Harry said a bit loudly as Annabelle opened the balcony door, making the hot and salty air practically hit her in the face. Her hands held the small guardrail as she bent over it, looking at the beach that surprisingly wasn't too crowded. Everyone was probably out getting dinner and shopping since it was now six p.m. Annabelle couldn't believe she was back in America. She had missed it more than anything. She could finally hear normal accents again.

Harry stepped onto the balcony in his swimming trunks, which were yellow, and a white t-shirt.

"Are you going to change, love?" Annabelle blushed at the nickname, grinning as she looked up at him. She wanted to cuddle with him and sleep all evening.

She nodded, walking back inside to change. She put on a black two piece and wore an old t-shirt over it, pulling her hair up and lathering loads of sunblock all over the exposed skin. She didn't want to get a sunburn. She liked being pale, for whatever odd reason that no one could understand. When they got down to the beach, she spread her towel down on the sand and put her phone in her beach bag that held sunblock, aloe, drinks, and an extra towel. Harry put his towel beside hers and they were off to the ocean.

"Aren't you going to walk in?" Harry said, taking her hand and pulling her so her knees were under water. She shook her head, pulling her hand from Harry's. Looking down at the clear water, she saw muddy sand and a few seashells that wanted to be collected and taken home. She reach down to grab a little purple one, running her fingers over the bumpy edges. Harry's fingers lightly took the shell and held her hand.

"Jumping waves is fun." He said, trying to persuade Annabelle to go deeper in the ocean and have fun with him. She shook her head, her bangs swaying as she did so. Harry laughed at how cute she was and pushed her hair behind her ears, showing her many piercings that he loved so much. "You might be able to see a dolphin." He said, pulling her deeper into the water very slowly.

Or sharks, Annabelle thought. She was terrified of the thought of seeing a shark, or having one near her.

"You could see fish." Harry knew Annabelle had a weird love for sea creatures, even if she were afraid of sharks and the unknown. "Come on." She sighed, walking with him, knowing he would always be able to make her do anything as long as he was there to hold her hand.

Once the water had reach the top of Annabelle's stomach, she refused to go any farther. It was to the middle of Harry's torso. They were jumping as high as they could every time a wave came their way. A few times they were pulled under the wave, getting salt water in their eyes and mouth.

"See," Harry was out of breath. "It's fun." She shrugged, not wanting to admit he was right. He playfully rolled his eyes, picking her up and holding her close. Her arm wrapped around his shoulders, his arms under her legs and back. Her white t-shirt was soaked and you could see her black bikini perfectly. Harry tried to keep his eyes focused on her face rather than her body. He wouldn't want to end up getting turned on, which was inevitable in a situation like this, out in public.

Harry carried his girlfriend back to shore and she wiggled out of his arms as they reach dry sand. She walked ahead of him and he couldn't help but let his eyes wonder over her body. Her long hair was curly and dripping water, her big t-shirt sagging and her black bikini perfectly showing all of her beautiful curves. Harry had never seen her body like this, she always wore baggy shirts and jeans. He wished she wasn't so insecure all of the time, he didn't understand it. Her body was beautiful, everything about her was beautiful.

Annabelle sat in the shade of an umbrella, while Harry laid beside her in the sun. Annabelle played music on her phone and was reading a book about Pirates (weird, but interesting), when their family approached them.

"We've been looking for you guys all evening!" Dave spoke first, setting down his folded up umbrella. Dave's tone was stern, which made Annabelle want to get up and walk away. Her father was trying to be protective, but it wasn't really working.

"We're going to head up and get showered," Anne said, moving her sunglasses up to the top of her head. "We were thinking about eating at a Japanese place down the street."

"Okay," Harry said as he stood up and held his hand out to help Annabelle up. "We'll meet you in the lobby in an hour."

Everyone agreed and walked away, except Harry and his girlfriend, who ran back into the ocean together.

"We should just skip dinner and stay here together." The waves were calm and there weren't many people around them. Annabelle smiled, shaking her head. She definitely would rather stay here with Harry than go eat with her parents, but she knew her parents would have a fit if she didn't show up. Her father would threaten Harry and her mother would scold her.

"You know you'd rather stay here." Harry pressed his nose to hers, resting his forehead on hers. She slightly nodded, a sparkle of entertainment and pleasure in her eyes that Harry had never seen before.

They ended up going back to the room and showering, Annabelle having to run in front of Harry to beat him to the bathroom so she could shower first.

"Hey!" Harry knocked on the door right as she shut and locked it. "That wasn't fair!" They both laughed as Annabelle turned the shower on.